dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] PHOTOSHOP default is aggrivating, how to remove grids that appear upon opening?

resolved [RESOLVED] PHOTOSHOP default is aggrivating, how to remove grids that appear upon opening?

Whenever I open Photoshop it opens with a grid covering the image. This grid is useful maybe 20% of the time, but when I don't need it having the grid present is annoying. Yes, I know how to remove it- apple+h. That is simple, but removing it for 10-12 images EVERY time I open Photoshop is getting very annoying (it has always been like this).

The computers at school default to opening the ruler, which is equally annoying.. but at least then the picture isn't covered.

I am well aware of how to change the grids and all that within the preferences, but a "Do not display grid upon opening file" check box isn't there. This is probably a simple fix, where do I turn this off (I'm using CS if that matters..)

Danke

I'm using PS7, not CS, but you should be able to open up a document, set the viewing options as you like them then close the document and all subsequent documents that you open should have the same properties.

So open up a document, hit Ctrl+R to get rid of the rulers and Ctrl+' to get rid of the grid. Ctrl+; will toggle the layout guides. Close the document then open up another one and see if the grid is still there.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Thank You:d

No sweat.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

dandy
    i've got cs3 and that doesnt work, the grid keeps showing up!!! no matter turing it off saving it off, still there on alll the images i open, very annoying. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

dandy
    never mind i figured it out, been annoying me for a year now, and all you need to do is save a workspace, with grid off and then use it.