A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Website on CD : what to do with internal/external Flash loads?

Website on CD : what to do with internal/external Flash loads?

Hi,

I would like to burn a CD of my website, whose structure is more or less :
    -a main swf/html file(opening full screen) which loads other swfs if itself
    -this swf file also opens swfs in EXTERNAL windows (opened with restrictions on window size)

My main question is,
    in what format should I burn this ? Is it advisable to export to .exe ? Would there be a problem opening pup-ups then ?
    Otherwise, is it better in html/swfs ? I was trying to open pop-ups at my local folders, and there was a problem opening them(I was unable to see the content of my file, but it works right on the net)

Thanks for the help,

Manojo

\\___unPossible
    The problem I had with this is flash player security settings

If you want your flash site(cd) to open a popup that is on the net, ex: http//:www.mysite.com/popup.swf, it won't work unless you tell flash player security settings that your cdrom drive is allowed to communicate with the internet.

solution:
    I know this might be a headache, but it should work

If you want your website to be fully functional from a cd and viewable on any computer, you have to put the content of your popups in the same directory as the rest of your site. Then go back and change the actionscript for your buttons that launch the popups. (i'm assuming you are using _getUrl? and maybe some javascript?)

The url for your popups should be just the .swf filenames in the same folder as your main movie on the cd.

This lets flashplayer navigate the cd to get all the files it needs, without accessing the internet.

As far as your restricted window size and all that, you will have to be more specific

I would burn a multi format CD. Create a PC Projector on a PC with Flash and also create a Mac Projector on a Mac computer. Bring all your files to the Mac including the PC exe file and burn it all in Toast.

Hi,
    thanks for your replies :-) . Actually, the problem I had was that I wasn't able to open pop-ups that were in my own folders on my pc.(due to some blocking of IE) I just fixed it, and I am able to view everything fine. :-)
    Anyway, does the autorun on a CD only work for exes?
    Thanks,
    Manojo

I am having this same problem where my popups are not opening when my entire site is on CDROM. What did you have to do for it to work? Here is what I have for coding...

on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript:NewWindow=window.open('popups/fac/introduction.html','Definitions','width=500,height =300,left=0,top=0,toolbar=No,location=No,scrollbar s=No,status=No,resizable=No,fullscreen=No'); NewWindow.focus(); void(0);");
    }

WHY DONT THEY OPEN UP ON CDROM?

Quote Originally Posted by manojo
    Hi,
    thanks for your replies :-) . Actually, the problem I had was that I wasn't able to open pop-ups that were in my own folders on my pc.(due to some blocking of IE) I just fixed it, and I am able to view everything fine. :-)
    Anyway, does the autorun on a CD only work for exes?
    Thanks,
    Manojo