A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do I do a contract for a client?

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar

How do I do a contract for a client?

I have a contract I found online and adjusted the specifications for me, but I was wondering the best way to go about the signing and filling in the lines. I want to do it all digitally, so I was thinking maybe dropping it into photoshop and filling in the lines and throwing in my signature, but I don't think that's the right way. Right now I have the contract in Adobe .pdf form, with my signature in a transparent .png. What's the best way for doing this?
    Last edited by MyFriendIsATaco; 09-13-2007 at 02:20 AM.

Personally, I like having an original, signed hard copy. I'll email the PDF to the client and ask that he print, sign and mail it back. Then I'll return a copy to him with my signature. Of course, that's only if he's not local. Otherwise, I'll meet with him to get the paperwork signed and collect the deposit. Keeps things moving along faster that way.
    John Tabita
    Yellow-Tie Int'l - A business-development association
    for people who want to spend more time working with
    customers than selling & marketing to them.

Why would you have a binding arbitration clause? Wouldn't you rather reserve you right to use the courts if the contract is breached?

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Really, i have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to a contract, haha, its my first one ive ever needed. The job is only $200 and the client is requesting a contract. He's not local so there is no way to actually sign it. The job is only going to take a day max to complete! itll take way longer to mail the contract back and forth!

If he wants the contract, then tell him to write one up and send it to you to sign.