A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ListBox Help!!! MX 2004

ListBox Help!!! MX 2004

Hi, I am a semi-newbie who just needs to create a few simple listboxes that will have the list items displayed in a specific (pixel) font. I am trying to make sure this isn't an unneccesary post, and I searched this forum to find the following solution:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...t=listbox+font

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work, I have tried the global method, changing all component's fonts, and the method where one changes just the appearance of one box. Do these not work on MX2004? Is there a simple way to do this? It is sort of amazing to me that the tool does not easily allow this.

BTW, this data is just a placeholder, I do not need it to fully function-- if that helps. Please, any replies would be greatly appreciated, I am on a deadline and really frustrated.

Thanks,
    Pat

PHP Code:
    _global.style.setStyle("fontFamily","yourFontName"
    If you don't think you're going to like the answer, then don't ask the question.

Does this code go in frame 1?

I have an actions layer, I assume I should add it there? Thanks so much for the reply, saving me.

Is this listed in the documentation? Don't know how I missed. Thanks.

it goes in frame 1 or the first frame where the component appears, and you're welcome
    If you don't think you're going to like the answer, then don't ask the question.

Sorry. Confused.

I dunno, I must be doing something wrong. My listBox is still appearing in the default font. This is the code I entered:

_global.style.setStyle("Mini 7","Mini 7")

So strange that this doesn't work.

__________________________________________________ _______

PS, I sent you a PM about this as well, just thought you might know a thing or two about these components. Obviously, I'm just beginning w/ them.

i got your pm, did you get my reply