A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Embeeded video ina button..

Embeeded video ina button..

Sup everyone, im pretty much a flash noob. I have a project for school. The idea is to have a VR click and drag environment with transparent movies playing on certian hotspots. I have the VR part working, the problem is the videos. After I imported the videos to my library, i draged them in the "over" keyframe of my button. When i test movie i get this error
    "WARNING: This movie uses features that are not supported in the Flash 4 player Symbol=button2, layer=Layer 1, frame=2:Embedded Video
    Symbol=button2, layer=Layer 1, frame=2:Embedded Video
    Symbol=button2, layer=Layer 1, frame=2:Embedded Video". Any ideas how to get around this? thanks alot, Brandon

using Flash MX 2004 Professional 7.0. The VR is based on the VR tutorial from Brent Thomson. The buttons work them selves; when i scrub the environment, the button goes from left to right on the screen, on and off the stage respectivly. The only issues is when i try to bring in the video.

Ut wisi enim ad!
    Check Flash's Publish Settings from the File menu.

cool, that got rid of the error, but the video doesnt play when i put my mouse over the button, any ideas how to get it to play?

Ut wisi enim ad!
    Not without seeing an example FLA.

i tried to do that earlier, but i couldnt get the file size smaller than 300kb. If you can, send me a msg on AIM @ slmgringo. Thanks, brandon

Ut wisi enim ad!
    I have messaged you. Just email me the file as described in my note.