dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Opening New Window

Opening New Window

in this tutorial it shows how to open a new Internet Explorer Window. Can I open a window of a folder on my hard drive and still be able to control position and size?

.:Major Pwner:.
    You should be able to, just change the code on the button so that getURL(); is directed to the folder on your hard drive, eg:

Code:
    on(release){
    getURL("C:/",window="_blank",etc.);
    }
    You should be able to still modify window size etc., though some browsers don't seem to work very well when trying to modify window settings (for example, I'm using Opera, and using window="_blank" doesn't open a new window in Opera.

Hope that helped

I know how to get the folder to open but I need it to open the same dementions everytime. Is there a way to tell the window exactly where to open?

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    You could make an HTML file that has a javascript to position and resize the window and then a big frame with the source as C:\...or even redirect to C:\after you run the javascript to resize the window.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Along this same line, I am trying to open a secondary window on the second monitor of a multi-monitor system.

My code so far is:
    on (release) {
    getURL("javascript:NewWindow=window.open ('http://localhost/swf_files/test.html', 'myWindow', 'left=1025, top=0, width=1024, height=768, titlebar=0, toolbar=No, location=No, scrollbars=No, status=No, resizable=No, fullscreen=No'); NewWindow.focus(); void(0);"); }
    The only problem is that the new window will only open on the main display (Monitor 1). Even if I change the opening locations to left=500 top=0 and leave the width=1024, the new window will alter its width to fit within the first monitor rather than stretching across into the 2nd monitor.

Has anyone ever come across this problem? Any ideas on how to actually get the mew window to open on non-primary displays?