A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Intro

Jerdison

Flash Intro

Hi Folks

I am creating an intro page in FlashMX and I have 3 separate movies [swf files].

I will prefer to have flash load movie 2 and 3 from external files into flash on the timeline when I want them to appear in the movie.

The first movie will dissapear when the second one loads, the second one will dissapear when the third one loads and then stop giving the user a link to click on.

I searched the site and could not find the information or maybe overlooked it.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
    Dave
    Last edited by David Hogan; 12-12-2005 at 10:58 PM.

create a preloader for the first swf, and have it load the second when the first is finished loading. do the same to the second for the third.
    If you don't think you're going to like the answer, then don't ask the question.

Loading movies

That is a good way. There is a problem though if your individual movies each require loading time. In between each clip the viewer will have to wait while the other loads. If that is the effect you are looking for, or if your movies are large -- it is probably the only way.

If it was me I would have made one movie to load, and not string three together. I am sure you have a reason for this approach though.

If the movies are not TOO large, in order to prevent the lag between clips, load all of them on the stage with one preloader, then string them together using the load movie script. This way they should play seemlessly.

ODC
    Much to learn.... Much to learn....

Maybe you could have the preloader play the first mc while loading the next, and so on.
    If you don't think you're going to like the answer, then don't ask the question.