A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need Flash Audio Player - Details Included

Need Flash Audio Player - Details Included

I'm looking for someone for a long term, ongoing project that will grow as my idea grows.

First, I'm looking for a Flash player that I will be able to add and subtract content myself. I'm open to ideas about what could make a better player, but here is what I have so far:

1) Needs to be detachable (not sure if that's the right terminology). In other words, I want people to be able to continue surfing, working - whatever while they listen to my content. Example: MySpace.com has a button you can push to make the player a "stand alone" player.

2) This player will be multi content - music, interviews, etc. Here is my first vision. I see two "frames" somewhere on the player. When a certain song comes up, I want to be able to have corresponding images that pertain to each song. For instance, I want one frame to have the artist information and the other to have sponsor information. Each of the images should be clickable to go to view more information pertaining to the image. Of course, this should be opened in a new window to allow the music to continue playing.

I have played with another software that allowed me to achieve this with a timeline.

3) I would like a quick and easy way to allow listeners to email others about what they are hearing. A "send to friend" feature.

4) I'd like to be able to have a shuffle mode as an option - so that they can treat it like a radio.

5) The idea is that I want to have a different player for each artist. Obviously the player for a certain artist would focus on that artist. But I also want to include artists that have something in common with that artist. So I will need to be able to maintain the players as I am going to be changing the content often.

This is the beginning of this idea that I want to be a long term relationship with whoever I team with. I would like to know what my intial idea would cost. I don't want to give the wrong impression. I'm not loaded, but I obviously want to compensate fairly and create and relationship where I can make changes as I go. Obviously, this would mean continued compensation.

Preferably, I would like to work with someone that has a firm balance on the entire Macromedia Studio, rss, podcasting, etc. I am currently drawing up simple ideas for how the website might look. I'm looking for simple but powerful. Negative space is cool. Think David Bowie cool. I will probably be looking to start with a index page, an artist page and information pages so a three template start.

I look forward to exchanging ideas.

winterrae@mindspring.com

Thomas
    Last edited by winterrae; 12-15-2005 at 12:49 AM.