dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart Clip: Load Movie

Hey everyone:

I've written a new smart clip, aka Flash extension.

It makes load movie in Flash 5 super easy. Just drag the smart movie clip onto the stage, and enter the SWF name in the clip parameters box.

I'll post it if anyone wants it.

r

Right on, Heck ya we want it. Where do we get it, and how do we use it.

Thanks Blank,
    motoracer

R-_Blank:
    ( Did you see my reply to your post "help with flash extensions" )

http://www.wildform.com/tutorials/sm...Smart_Clip.zip

There's a Readme and an .mxp. The readme tells you how to load the smart clip into Flash 5. The description of the smart clip appears in the extension manager description window.

Let me know how it goes.

stay cool,

r

[Edited by RBlank_Wildform on 12-08-2000 at 02:22 PM]

Hey Mr. Blank,

I don't have the extension manager installed in flash 5, But I do have it in dreamweaver 3, Do I use the same ext.manager, or do I have to install a new one made specifically for flash 5.

I was going to take a look at the read me file before I asked this question, But when I click the link, it says

"Error

The page you are looking for doesn't exist. To report this error, please contact Wildform. Otherwise, continue onto Wildform.com "

Thanks;
    motoracer

This is the version of the Extension Manager posted for download on the Flash Exchange:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/d...Install_En.exe

As for the link to the .zip I made, I click it and it works fine. Be sure you're getting the right url.

Let me know.

r

That's interesting, That it works for you. I keep trying it and I get a message that says " The page you are looking for does not exist, To report this error please contact wildform. Otherwise please continue on to wildform.com It is not one of I.E.'s error pages, it is a wildform page, which has a black background, and the text is in a brownish/redish box.

I assume this page is in a folder called smart clips, on your server. I wonder if there's a problem with that ( Path ), or if the upload to the server wasn't succesful.

I am at work right now, I' ll have to give this a shot on my computer at home, in the morning.

I just wanted to let you know.
    motoracer

You will need the newest Macromedia Extension Manager 1.2 to install extensions for Flash 5.

R - any reason why this hasn't been submitted to the Exchange? It'd get a lot of attention there.

Matt

Hey Matt,

Did the link given for the smart clip.zip work for you?

I hope that my problem is this computer at work. ( I don't know why it would be though )

motoracer

Byron Zed

Error on download too

I am also unable to download the smart movie clip file.. it's like it's not there or the premissions are set badly or something.. I'd like to have it though

Peace.

Hey R_

I tried the link from home and it still doesn't work. It goes to a wildform page that says this page does not exist.

Has anyone been able to access the page?

motoracer

ok, guys. Sorry about that. Turns out I updated the wrong web server.

Here we go:

I am eager to hear comments. I've heard some problems with the custom GUI (for the Clip Parameters panel) so I'd especially like to hear it if the custom GUI doesn't come up.

Matt: I haven't submitted this to exchange, because I finished it yesterday, and I like my homies to run it through a bit before I make an ass out of myself to the entire MM community. Thanks...

Stay cool,

r

Hey R_

It worked this time, I'm supposed to be going to bed right now (Gotta work tonight), But I think I'm gonna play with this first. (Priorities right?)

Motoracer

excellent. Thanks a lot. I'm convinced the UI isn't working in this one, so I would be surprised if it even came up. But, even if the UI doesn't appear, you can still use the smart clip. Just enter the swf path name in the clip parameters box.

if this works, I plan to make a couple of different load movie smart clips with different functions.

r

I can't put anything in the clip parameters box, It says load-movie smartclip (or something like that). I'm able to highlight it (The text), But it wont let me type anything directly in the clip parameters box, as a matter of fact, when I try my computer makes that anoying ding sound,(you know the one, like when your computer is looked up).

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I don't need to name the instance do I?

Did you see my reply to your post "help with load movie", I was wondering about setting up a macro. I found a couple shareware programs for macros. Your smart clip will probably be the best idea, but I figured it was worth a look into.

motoracer

well, motoracer:

I suggest you go to bed. Hopefully I will have this all worked out by the time you get back up.

As for the Windows macros, it's an interesting idea. But I'm so focused on Flash development right now, so that's where my mind is. I have a few smart clip ideas, and I'm trying to think of some more powerful possibilities.

I'm open for suggestions.

stay cool,

r

Yah, I'm probably gonna get fired for lack of sleep. Oh well, I least my priorities are in the right place.

Motoracer

It works now!

Ok everyone, it appears to work now.

Custom UI and all. WOOHOO!

Please try it and let me know.

thanks!

r

Loading movies just got a LOT easier!

Hey fellow Flash-a-holics!

Each and every one of you should really check this new smart clip out! Could loading movies get any easier?

Thanks r ~ this one is will really streamline the production flow!

Thanks for the comments, Rush. I appreciate it.

I have two more brewing as I write. Should be available some time this weekend. I'll post here on the board how to get them.

r

Hi! Can somebody please help me? , i've installed the smartclip (last version) and it works great !

But when i try to insert a second .swf it doesn't show in the finished movie! (i want the effects to display AFTER each other)... how can i do this?