A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The future of internet.

A.K.A Franco

The future of internet.

How does everyone vision the future of the internet? This isn't just a random question. I need it for a project I am working on and hopefully I will get some good response to it. Do you think the changes will come drastically in software or hardware or both? Do you see more interactivity? Do you think the nintendo powerglove will make it back in style? Please be imaginative.. Thanks
    Last edited by ricolfrico; 12-19-2005 at 03:10 PM.
    The feeling you can't get anywhere else is onstage ROCK-4-EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by ricolfrico
    Do you see more intereactivity?
    Absolutely.

A Flashkit User
    I see...I see...

I see the internet becoming more interactive for sure. Also I see it becoming more avaliable. Forget just restricting it to desktop computers, the internet is going to be soon accessed from the glassess on my face...

-Ostil-

the internet = the OS...that is the future.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

No more hardware fo shizzle. I think that software downloads (for a price) is the future. as a side note, my religion belives that all the technological developments are leading to the day where people live in mass facilitys where were unconcous for our entire lifes. Were we have are brains plugged into a giant computer, and we live in the internet. I fear that day.

in what sense is the internet not already interactive? what would make it more so?

anyway, to answer your other questions, imo:

change will come gradually due to marketing considerations, cost justifications and all of that bs.

i believe the most substantial changes will be that it becomes more integrated with other technologies. we're just stepping into a phase where all of these different devices are competing to be THE central home computing device. we have home computers, laptops, gaming consoles, cable tv boxes, cell phones, etc all gaining capability and branching toward the same goal; one central unit to handle all media and communication needs for the home. eventually, all tv, music, games, communication, etc will be in one place and wireless monitors and input devices will be scattered throughout the house and have access to all. the internets role in all of that is that it will become the front end to all media, including cable tv, games etc, making mediums like dvd's, cd-roms and large harddrives practically obsolete. it really is the ready-made, tested and updateable hardware interface, just waiting to be slapped onto a screen for any device (and to log every users preferences into neat reports for marketers in every corporation).

the internet will become more similar to a complex cable tv menu where 'surfing' is more streamlined (probably working off of a Nintendo-esque pointing device rather than a mouse or a remote control) so when you go to hbo.com you will be able to click on and watch whichever show you want to see (as it already is for digital cable) as well as read bios on actors, "play the game", "buy the clothes", "listen to the soundtrack", "talk to other fans", etc.

as production increases for wireless and broadband technologies, driving its cost into pennies, more devices will support it and become connected to the central computer. toasters, lamps, refrigerators, etc will all be manageable (and dont forget trackable!) through the computer that uses an internet interface for the whole thing (they will say for maintaining consistent user profiles that can follow you when you move or if you need to manage or access something on the road but the real reason is for marketers to get customer information for free).

anyway, could be a load. but thats my speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by blazes816
    as a side note, my religion belives that all the technological developments are leading to the day where people live in mass facilitys where were unconcous for our entire lifes. Were we have are brains plugged into a giant computer, and we live in the internet. I fear that day.
    are you omish?

I see having to log-in to adobe before you can use photoshop.
    I see being able to order something as simple as a Slurpee and most road traffic being replaced by delivery vehicles.
    Last edited by jAQUAN; 12-19-2005 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    I see having to log-in to adobe before you can use photoshop.
    absolutely. though it will probably be a silent log-in. like a registry id for everything you do digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by indivision
    absolutely. though it will probably be a silent log-in. like a registry id for everything you do digitally.
    If you've ever played a mmog you've seen the future of applications.

are you omish?
    Isn't it Amish? anyways, no. I'm Tylerist. And I love tech, I just think that one day tech and biology will mix, and those are two sciences that should stay apart to a limit. I'm all for cyborgs. but when it rules our lives it'll be a sad sad day.

An FKer
    I was watching this thing on tv about some technology expo in Japan and the information desks seemed to have real people in them.

You walk up to it and its an andriod ... I swear they look so human. You can ask them anyways and they'll respond in many different languages.

All they need to do is get them to walk like a human and we have a world full of robots. Thats where the movie "i-robots" comes in, when they begin to take over ...

You're right, it's 'Amish'. I havent heard of Tylerist but it sounds like loving tech is contrary?

When you say you are all for cyborgs are we talking C3PO or that little kid from AI?

my family is Amish.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Quote Originally Posted by nordberg
    my family is Amish.
    but you are not? arent there rules about associating with those that do use tech, live in cities, etc. except during one certain time in their life?

but you are not? arent there rules about associating with those that do use tech, live in cities, etc. except during one certain time in their life?
    nope. between the ages of 14 and 18, you can go do whatever you want. 90% come back. my grandparents did not, but they/we are still 100% a part of the family.

Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Quote Originally Posted by nordberg
    nope. between the ages of 14 and 18, you can go do whatever you want. 90% come back. my grandparents did not, but they/we are still 100% a part of the family.
    so you can go back and see the Amish practicing side of the family and everyone is still within the rules?

I saw a thing on some Amish people and they were torn because they didn't want to go back but wanted to see their families again. Maybe I misunderstood.

You're right, it's 'Amish'. I havent heard of Tylerist but it sounds like loving tech is contrary?

When you say you are all for cyborgs are we talking C3PO or that little kid from AI?
    Like humans with computer components. And Tylerism was started by me, but it's not some joke. I have real belifes and all that stuff. it's closly related to Christianity, but not exactly the same.

More pr0n.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

if you decide to return, that just means you will not be practicing the Amish lifestyle. you will most likely remain a Mennonite (their religion), and may even still be a farmer. you will not, however, be given a parcel of family land, a house, a barn, and a wife (those aren't given, but that comes next.) i used to stay with my great-grandma for one week every summer, and it was AMAZING. my cousins would teach me all kinds of cool stuff, including how to cut off a chicken head so the body will run around.

but yes, the family doesn't 'shun' you...it's a family, not a cult.

Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book