dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading movies over another

Hybrid View

Loading movies over another

Hi,

Probably a very simple solution but cant get my head into it... Basically i have a main page that has 4 buttons. On clicking one of these the target movie will load into the container over the top and cover the exisiting movie. However, the buttons on the new movie seem to load back into the container in the first movie. Do i have a target level issue?

currently this is the code im using...

Main page, container = "contents"

Assigned to profile button:
    on (release) {
    _root.contents.loadMovie("profile.swf");
    }

For the buttons in the movies that load into the _root container do i need to assign a new level for the movie to load over the top of the most recent one? What would i call it?

Hope ive explained myself ok. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

LK
    Not witty enough to think of anything witty enough.

are the buttons within the main movie, or the loaded movie?
    If you don't think you're going to like the answer, then don't ask the question.

the buttons are in the loaded movies.

i would put the buttons in the main movie so you have better control over what movies are loaded and where.
    If you don't think you're going to like the answer, then don't ask the question.

Ok, got the buttons in the main movie now. How do i go about loading the externals to 2 containers then swapping the depths. Im assuming this is the correct way to do this now?

Anyone?!

Ive now got the 4 buttons; "profile", "gallery", "people" and "contact" in the main movie (main.swf). I have also got 4 separate movies that correlate to the above buttons in the same directory.

In the main movie i have 2 blank containers. On loading i have the profile.swf load into "container1" as it the 1st screen. Then i need the buttons to load any of the other screens over the top into "container2" (they animate over the top), However after that i need them to swap so that the movie in container 2 now becomes the bottom movie and the original movie is replaced so that if a button is pressed again it will animate over the top...and so on.

Someone please help me out with the code. Im lame at AS and im desperate to get this done.