A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: RPG

Hybrid View

Howdy fellow Flash Fans,

Is anyone interested in collaborating on a roleplaying game project. Perhaps something similar to what was done with the TSR AD&D games. These games were usually limited to the fantasy genre, but I would like to expand this out to modern, sci-fi, and cyberpunk games.

In the long run I would like these games to be online, persistant (continue to run even when the player logs off) and somewhat multiuser. Yeah OK it's rather ambitious, but why think small?

I understand that this would involve running a server and appropriate Perl or other scripts. Not exactly my forte, but I'm willing to give it a shot. At least I've got the server space.

I would like to set up a decent RPG "engine" first before moving on to the really difficult multiuser stuff. Lay down a few senarios to get a feel for what works and what doesn't.

Please drop me a line on the messageboard or email me. Looking for artists, musicians, or anyone interested in lending a hand. I'm interested in hearing everyone's opinions on the matter.

music

If you want I could record you some freaky synth tunes on my midi keyboard, just give me an idea of what you want and I'll see what I can come up with. I was thinking, if you wanted a sci-fi rpg, you would want something futuristic.

drop me a line, my e-mail addy is swampthang_99@yahoo.co.uk

working on the same thing. look forward to comparing our babies.

Why not give us some scenario to think about it.
    Mad_sci

Senior Moderator
    I Have just started a new project which is going to be a n RPG a bit like http://www.rowntrees.co.uk check this out!!!
    I am progressing very well and shuld have something for you to see soon!!!!

Regards Flashguru