A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556
Results 1,101 to 1,103 of 1103

Thread: Bush's "Snoopgate"

Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    Excuse me, but the figures I [more or less] quoted came direct from one of the horses mouths, yesterday on C-Span. what more does anyone need to understand. The middle and lower classes will see almost no tax break, and those making over a million get a tax break several thousand percent bigger. What more is there to know?
    thats my point. the horse didnt come up with those numbers. the $50k, $1 thing is being widely quoted from the "analysis" i pointed out. the elected turd didnt come up with it. further, the organization that DID come up with it is funded by liberals. its nothing more than an attempt to paint every tax cut as a break for the rich. in fact, its a break for our economy.

the horse didnt come up with those numbers
    Well, he didn't, it was one of the idiots on the other side of the aisle. And the figures seem to be part of the new bill. He had his graph up there and nobody called him a liar. Besides, what the hell kind of a tax law that doesn't describe who gets what.

in fact, its a break for our economy.
    Yeah, right. If you say so.
    Last edited by Ask The Geezer; 05-11-2006 at 06:17 PM.

those numbers are not "part of the new bill". those numbers are totally irrelevent to what the bill does and just further the publics ignorance of economics. it may be true that people with millions of dollars will get a lot more from the break because they also tend to own stocks. in fact, it would be remarkable if anyone with a million dollars didnt own stock. the low figure the Brooking institute is eager to provide for AVERAGE low income INDIVIDUALS is easily explainable in that people who make little money (including zit-faced teens at their first job at McDonalds) tend not to own any stock at all. However, the captial gain and investment rate taxes are helpful for anyone who saves money and will encourage investment, helping our economy. In fact, low income individuals get a better investment break from the bill (zero tax) than high income individuals (15 percent). It will make investing pay more for everyone. Taxes on dividends should actually be eliminated entirely if we wanted to be constitutional about it.