dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: input box....

www.fmj.sirx.org

input box....

How do you make an Input Box, Multiline wrap? loading a text file into it and it's freakin single line......

myTextBox.multiline = true;

www.fmj.sirx.org
    on (load) {
    myTextBox.multiline = true;
    }

yeah.............. I honestly dont know what hte hell is up with these components.. they're all freakin worthless in my opinoin... had to make my own drop down menu because the one in flash is all ate the hell up and loads in the top left corner..

Components placed on the stage at author-time have a 1 frame delay in being registered with their classes.

Top-left is where anything dynamically created in Flash gets attached by default. (Movieclips, components, anything.) Use the moveTo method immediately after creating the instance. You can also pass _x & _y coords as an initObject when creating the instance in most cases.

v2 components, in my experience, aren't terribly huge. The benefit is that they share assets, so if you're using more than 1 component you actually save a lot of overhead.

Before you criticize them, maybe you should check the help files and make sure you understand them a little better.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

www.fmj.sirx.org
    the help files are a little confusing in some areas to me.. but not all.

Yeah, they're not the most accessible until you get used to them. They also leave a lot of stuff out or bury some useful info. If you're going to use a component for the first time, it's worth reading through the entire entry for it, especially the methods and properties inherited from super classes.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.