A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Underwood Construction

timmilgram.com

Underwood Construction

New site I've been working on for a client for the past 3 days. I'd say I'm 99% done, and hopefully will be 100% after you guys tell me what you do and don't like so I can fix it. Anyway, all input is highly appreciated.

www.underwoodconstruction.biz
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

cool, it's clean and effective

it's nice and clean, good layout and animations. The one thing that really pops out at me that needs to be fixed is the services page. The text there just doesn't draw me in to see exactly what they do. I suggest reworkign that with diffferent text size for the categories including bolding somethings and not others. I guess teh same thing could be applied to the 'about us' page as well.

But all in all, great job.

EDIT: One more thing... you've got that black bar at the bottom of the site, why not use that for their phone number. For businesses taht are services related, a contact phone number being present on all pages really can help.
    Last edited by lefteyewilly; 12-24-2005 at 03:01 PM.

free-webmaster-resource.com deamothul's Avatar
    Overall i like it, its clean and serves it purpose. Nice job You could give that scrollbar a bit of color though

timmilgram.com
    Thanks for all the comments! I have a few questions now on how to implement what a few of you said. First of all, on the services page I noticed the same thing, but when I try to highlight and Bold something in the dynamic text box, it makes the entire thing bold. Same thing with trying to add italics or changing the text size. I am using Flash MX 2004 pro with the 7.2 update that has the UIScrollbar component, which is what I'm using to scroll the text. So basically the problem is it doesn't let me modify the look on parts of the text, as opposed to the entire text box, whether or not I highlight just one word. My other problem is that I'm really not certain at all how to change the look of the scrollbar. So deamothul, if you have a simple way to do that, please let me know. Anyway, thanks for the advice guys. Hope to hear from you soon.

free-webmaster-resource.com deamothul's Avatar
    Perhaps these links could serve some purpose to you.

About skinning components
    Specific to the scrollbar

For the text problem, perhaps you could apply html to format different parts in one textbox.

timmilgram.com
    The page is updated. I did everything except change the scrollbar. Still messing around with that.

http://www.underwoodconstruction.biz