A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: preloader help please

preloader help please

I have been in preloader hell for some time. I have found what appears to be a great tutorial to build a preloader, well, great if I could get it too work. Here is the deal. I am trying to build one for a largish video clip. The video is not embedded. And I am truely at my witts end. I have tried multiple tutorials and have problems with all of them. It seem that I am very very close. The tutorial that I have settled on is very simple...

www.tutorialoutpost.com/count/2685

My fla is attached. Obviously I couldn't attach the video as it would be too big. I guess I am hoping something obvious is there that you guys can see.

Any help would be very much appreciated. thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

sorry... can't open the file... if you have Flash 8 issues.. post in the Flash 8 forum, otherwise, save the file down to at least MX04 so people can open them
    Please DO NOT PM me simply for individual help. Post in the public forums...that's what they are for, and they allow others to benefit as well. - Thx
    OS X 10.3.9 || Flash MX04 Pro
    | del.icio.us || furl || Helpful Source Files || Free Pixel Fonts |

I agree with madzigian. Either that, or post the code itself and we can try to discern a problem from that.