A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fullscreen in web - almost there but need a little...

Question

Hello All!

I have done a little test menu Flash file, and later on I will make a hole artportfolio using only Flash. I have now finaly got the Flash movie to run in FullScreen and with no scrollbar... The last thing I hope someone will help me to acomplish is the aligning of the movie.
    For vert. centering I used the <center></center> command but I don't think it aligns the movie perfect in center??
    For horiz. centering I have used a number of linebreak tags <BR>. With this I'm able to center it on the screen, but only in my resolution (1280X960).
    So what I need is, what html command can I use to get the movie perfect aligned in the absolute center of the screen - both vertical and horizional?

Please any info would be appriciated

Get Squared Away.

Cool

You can try doing this through Flash. Go to File>Publish Settings. Under the HTML tab, change the dimensions to a percent and then make it 100% by 100%. This should make your movie full screen and centered. With your additional fulll screen command in HTML, it should still work. Hope this helps

Happy Flashing

Thanx I'll give it a try. I'll post my results later on..

CU

Question

..hhmm didn't work quite like I wanted. U see if I set it to 100% it centers ok but get way too big. I still need the moviesize at 700X360.. But wen I set it to 60% the size is ok, but then the movie alligns at top. What should the other settings be like regarding border, window and stuff like that? I still have the action in first frame. saying that Fullscreen=true and allowscaling=false, do I need these or should I erase 'em? The fullscreen is done with some Javascript, so it might not be done with an FScommand???

Please any other suggestions.

Unhappy

hhhmmm... Still no replies on this one. Guess there isn't any html code that enabele the movie to center both vert. and horiz. I still want my menu to go into the center and not resizing to fill the screen using 100% window in html settings...
    So here is what I'm gonna do. I make a black movie sized 800X600. The menu will then be placed in the center of this movie and will always fit in the center....hhmmm but I still got a problem if some symbols are getting out of the menu, because the black background around the movie is still a movie and not just a screen... Maybe I'll make big black border around the center movie hiding all around the center menu movie.... Dono if this is the solution, but if there isn't any code alligning a movie screen center, I dono what else there is to do....

CUA

Wink

<HTML>

<script language="JavaScript"> <!--

window.open('TheHTMLyouWantToOpen.html','1','fulls creen=yes,scrollbars=yes');

//--> </script>

<head>
    <title>Webpage Name</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    </body>
    </HTML>

You have to apply this to opening html, normally "index.html" then it open another window in full screen, with the swf inside!

You can go and see the code at www.certisata.pt

Regards,
    vOOdObOy

Smile

Thanx about the new info!

I looked at ur webpage, and the allignment of the .swf file is just what I need - right in the center of the screen...but I have some questions u might try to answer:

?what settings are u using in the html settings window in Flash, regarding allignment, windowmode, windowsize...?

?what dimensions those ur .swf file have?

?have u edited the html file Flash makes?

Please help - what u have made is just what I'm in need of !!!

Hello vOOdObOy !

I have just tried the html u wrote. Yes the text does the trick about opening a window for my swf-file in full screen... but it still places the file in upper left corner, it does not center the movie like your's..
    The thing about fullscreen I had managed, I hust need to know how to center the movie on the page...try to look at my page so u see what I mean about the allignment..(It's just a test do not laugh..
    http://users.cybercity.dk/~cfp6075/

[This message has been edited by Thomaz (edited 15 April 2000).]

I was having a look at your HTML source - all you need is a set of TABLE tags to centre your movie. I have just tried to mail you the ammended code (it's easier to show you than to describe to you), but your specified email won't work for some reason. If you want the code, email me and I'll send it thru.

All the best.

Smile

Hi Garbage...

Thanx for posting some info..
    I have mailed u, and I hope U will send me a mail - and the mailadress work....

CU