A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flashkit 2.0 ?

Have you tried another browser?

Well I dunno if it's JUST you, but you're the 1st report of this issue. Since I don't know macs at all, I can't help troubleshoot much. I don't know if they have the equivalent of a hosts file or anything else that can block certain domains.

Another change is why can't you add the feature of being able to upload swfs? It would be nice it could be posted along with the text.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    but you're the 1st report of this issue
    That's what I meant. It's no biggie to me, as every other part of the site works fine, and I've not been outside of the Boards for ages anyway - I was just clicking away on the new menu and noticed it.

What if you type the url directly? Is it just the url that isn't working for you?

Same in all three browsers if I type www.flashkit.com - nothing.

The site works (obviously as I'm posting), just not the home page...

Well I figured it has to be something local to his machine, but there still should be a way to correct. I'm not a mac user so I'm not going to be of much help here. Maybe EVP?

Hmmm - maybe it's my settings but when I click the link to the home page or type the url directly, it tries to go to http://www.flashkit.com/index.shtml - but if I remove the 's' and use html it works... Although it looks like this:

look

There's a section that's kind of messed up. Sometimes when I load the submitted swfs then everything in the swf's column is shifted and overlaps the one to the right. This happens most of the time.

You were using Firefox, right? Today we fixed a problem that would only show up on ealier versions of Firefox (the most recent version has been fixed and doesn't cause the problem). It ~should~ be good to go now.

Another thing that should be added is the ability to close your own posts. I mean, it would be the best way to tell people that you got it figured out or whatever.

It looks good but I feel like there isn't enough space to view anything, there are too much ads on the right side...

Can you change that bit@?
    When you actually know what "OMG I have so much homework!" means, you won't want to be me.
    Xrave

Quote Originally Posted by tongxn
    It looks good but I feel like there isn't enough space to view anything, there are too much ads on the right side...

Can you change that bit@?
    Actually, there are only 2 ads on the right side. The rest of the information there is a listing of the latest and featured resources here on Flash Kit. The width of that section and the center announcements are set by the random bob-ad above the section labled "Whats new at Flash Kit".

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    Well I figured it has to be something local to his machine, but there still should be a way to correct. I'm not a mac user so I'm not going to be of much help here. Maybe EVP?
    During the prelaunch I saw that happen quite a few times. I honestly have no problems with the index page now.

LittleMatt, have you tried the old standard.....log out, clear cache, and log back in? It may be a local DNS issue as well, I've seen that happen with sites after an update. It's odd when it only happens in one part of the world though.

Thanks, EV.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    I just thought you might like to know that:
    http://www.flashkit.com/maintenance.php
    still looks good so that you can run it through the whole uglification process to match the rest of the site.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by EVPohovich
    LittleMatt, have you tried the old standard.....log out, clear cache, and log back in? It may be a local DNS issue as well, I've seen that happen with sites after an update. It's odd when it only happens in one part of the world though.
    Still the same thing.

Like I say it tries to go to a secure page which is what's not working on my end. When I take the 's' out it works fine.

Is the index page supposed to be secure? If so then it must be one of my settings...