A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pop up boxes for websites

well you never put an terminator at the nd ";" (semi-colon) to terminate the var statement. That could be why.

I will try that, tks
    Ale

what code should I put on a button in the pop up (the html pop up) to close the whole window?

Close HTML page:

on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript:window.close()");
    }

or

on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript:self.close()");
    }

that's actions script. i'm talking about html coding (onClick event)

i have tried it with a flash button: it doesn't work

let me be more explicit . the pop up window opens, and theres a hotspot witch has the code that closes the window (the page can be either a pop up or a actual page)
    Last edited by cristi_b_1; 02-18-2007 at 10:15 AM.

Whispers I put the code u wrote on a button. The pop up opens just fine but there's a problem. The title i specify for the pop up(in HTML) appears after the address of the site: www.nelmar.ro . Cjeck the collections: The title should be for example "MAYORIA 1" and it appears like this: "http://www.nelmar.ro - MAYORIA 1". How could I fix this? I want the title to be just MAYORIA 1 or whatever the name I give it. Thanks

on (release) {
    getURL("javascript:NewWindow=window.open('mayoria_ 1.html','newWin','width=400,height=600,left=10 0,top=100,screenX=100,screenY=100');NewWindow.focu s();void(0);");
    }

on (release) {
    getURL("javascript:NewWindow=window.open('mayoria_ 1.html', 'newWin','width=400,height=600,left=10 0,top=100,screenX=100,screenY=100');NewWindow.focu s();void(0);");
    }

Im not really by a 'real' computer right now... but try changing he name where newWin is...

DavePTS
    Firstly, my apologies if I am being incredibly stupid, I have searched for this but not found the answer I was looking for. I'm designing an application which is basically a website on CD, its not going to be on the internet, just running as an .exe from a CD in a flash player. I was wondering how you create a pop-up window if you are not linking to a URL, i can't seem to find how to just create a button which opens say a JPEG or a PDF in a new window without it having to have a http address. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You may be better off asking this question in the 'standalone & applications' forum. I don't know how to do it myself or if it is possible to do it in flash. But I do know that other 3rd party flash projector applications can do it. Such as Northcode (http://www.northcode.com/v3/features.php) and *********** (http://www.***********.com/?section=..._jtools_jstart) Ive never used any of these programs and of course, these cost money.

Hmm, Interesting. seems flash kit thinks the last company I gave you is no good and changed the names to asterisks? I guess I will leave it alone then. You can still check out Northcode.com

hi whispers and everyone else,

this has been a great help so thanks for sharing your javascript knowledge. the pop-up works fine but i'm hving trouble with the close command. it works fine if i test the html page (with swf embedded in it) in dreamweaver but it doesn't work online. nothing happens. thats with safari. it doesn't work at all in firefox. i've tried both:

Code:
    press_mc.onRelease = function() {
    getURL("javascript:window.close()");
    }
    the alternate you wrote and also this one
    Code:
    press_mc.onRelease = function() {
    	getURL("javascript:window.opener=self;window.close();");
    }
    nothing works. i'm using flash 8. do i need to add any code to the html page? any suggestions...
    a live test version is: http://www.thewishfilm.com/draw/javascriptclose03.html

cheers,

dave.