A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: .flv synchronization

.flv synchronization

I have created a movie in Final Cut, exported it as a .mov (Quicktime) and imported it to Flash Video Encoder to compress for web delivery. The audio and video are grossly out of sync, and I wonder if anyone else is having this problem and may offer a remedy. The physical size of the movie is 320x240 px. It is 15 fps. I tried compressing using Flash Encoder's "Medium Quality 400kbps" setting within Flash 8. The video is about 3 1/2 minutes in length. The quality of the video is horribly choppy, plays EXTREEEEEEMELY slow, and the audio is probably a good 5-7 seconds ahead of the video.
    Last edited by sleepydad; 01-03-2006 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention version of Flash

Figured it out

Just fyi anybody running into the same issue. I tried re-compressing the video and instead of hurrying through everything, I actually took the time to read the prompts. I was embedding the video in the timeline, and Flash specifically warns that this will likely cause synchronization issues with longer video. Apparently uploading it to a server to be downloaded progressively will fix this problem. I'm going to give that a try now.

Banned
    which Flash video encoder did you use?

Video Encoder

I used Flash 8's Video Encoder that came bundled with Studio 8 Pro.