A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: OK Guys - How about this one!!

OK Guys - How about this one!!

OK. I'm redoing a "music video" I did in an older version of 3DFA. It had some cool Transition effects that I used and Version4r5 doesn't. Attached is the older version's configuration for the effect I want. I go 40% of what I wanted in the new version but not quite there. Does anyone know how to do this effect in the new version? If so - HELP!!!!! Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    MoonRise

sorry I dont even have the old version
    BC

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    Hmm.

I never did much with these effects in 3.71, but always assumed you could use 'Transitions' or 'Effects' within a 'Move Element' event. However, having just tried this, I can't see how you could easily do this either.

Still, I've had a go at it, and attached my best attempt in 30 mins before I got bored!

Save this .event file in the c:/program files/3d Flash Animator 5/events/move directory to attempt to use it. I'm afraid it's not that close to what you're after, but it might help a little.

Sorry I can't help more.

M.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

Here's my crack at it. Hope it helps.

I never thought of doing it that way. Maybe a combination of the 2 might do the trick

M.

Thanks!!

Thanks Guys!! I tried for an hour and got close. There was one part of the old program I didn't see in the new that probably helped the most. That was the "PATTERN --> Orbit Up" I'll look at what you all had and what I have and try to blend it all. Thanks!!
    MoonRise

Good to hear you're moving forwards

Where did you find that pattern, as I haven't seen that one I don't think?

M.

Got Closer!!

I've got a lot closer but still no dice. This motion came from version 3.75. Se the above attached PDF. It shows what Rob originally used but not carry on to verion 4 release 5. Version 4 does offer better control, I think, but it is trying to use the SINE and COSINE to get it to basically create a circular path. While in the process he increased the scale, sheered it a little, and had the letters rotate along that circular path. As I said, I got close with the SINE and COSINE, see attached motion, but no where close.
    MoonRise

I've tried lots of things, but I'm afraid I can't quite get it work either. I have a feeling that it's going to be a very slow process of trial and error. I think part of the solution is the 'relative' option if you change the setting to 'advanced options', but it's a bit of a gut feeling rather than anything specific. Perhaps the path method mentioned above, in combination with a 'move element' action of 'scale.y' might get closer.

I'll try a bit more, but I think it's going to be a slow process.

M.

I agree!!!

I agree. I really don't know what the older version's "PATTERN" section had coded and those "Wave" effects were hard coded it appears. I'll still give it a try, but I really don't know exactly how "SINE" and "COSINE" operate inside of 3DFA. Thanks for all of you at least taking a look for me.
    MoonRise

Final - As close as possible!!!

OK. This is the best I can do with the functions available. It does similar what the original did except rotate the leters along their "Y" axis relative to the path of motion. Hope any of you can use it. Just place it in the "\3D Flash Animator 4 Release 5\events\move" folder. I may try more of the older "WAVE" motions latter.
    Last edited by MoonRise; 01-08-2006 at 10:22 AM. Reason: FORGOT File
    MoonRise

It's Not Perfect, but Perhaps This Will Help !

Well !

I think you've pretty much got it with the sine stuff, but it seems that scale.x can't be changed to a negative with sine and cosine, so I made a few changes to invert the text, using the 'set' command in the 'move element' menu.

Have a look at this and see if this helps with your inverted text problem !

Morgan.

Great!!!

Wow!!! All this to duplicate the one event in an older version. I'll definately take what you did and try to come up with a way to add it to the event. I beleive the new version gives better control of what you want, but it sure adds to the list of "events" needed. Thanks ForumNewbie!!! That completes this task. I have already completed several other of the older events. As soon as I blend your stuff with mine for the "Whirly" event, I'll post those as well. Who knows. Maybe someone might need it.
    MoonRise

Here you go!!

OK. Attached are three Move Events. It includes what I now consider finished 3D Fly Out. At least that is the name that 3DFA v3.75 had for the Whirly Text. The others are also named for what the older version had. ForumNewbie, your example movie made the final possible. Thanks!!!
    It isn't as smooth but to have it all in one Event and being so close makes me content with it.
    MoonRise

Nice Work !

Always happy to help

M.

Some More!

Here are a few more. The ones that begin with "S" are actually "Show" Events and should be placed in the "Show" Directory of the "Events" Directory for 3DFA. Enjoy!
    MoonRise