A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help With my jumping game

No, I don't think so actually. But to be sure, ask the author of the code. I think the etc is just placeholder text to show you the way you should be calling a function though, and the second item in the list above where this is evident showing how you should call it in this case. That's my take on it, so build from there and like I said ask the contributing user just to make sure if you're still stuck.
    Jeffrey Davis (3DFA user since 2.x... or was it 3.x?) (Yes, I finally reveal the offline identity of JSDvs9172, being myself of course. Oh, and sorry for stealing your signature idea, blanius, which I see you stopped using.)

well I guess im not sure whats wrong but I keep recieving the error messege:

function box(element1,box) was given 4 parameters when 2 were expected

Ive tried using the function multiple ways, and the function never works. I am really sure that the layer I have has something to do with the problems But i will post he source in case you want to look at what Im doing wrong.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sonic04; 01-12-2006 at 09:57 PM.

haha yeh etc just meant you element "wateveryourguywas" and element "the platform. lol I just got lazy, if you didnt know etc stands for etcetera which means "and so on". okay i looked at your movie I suppose this is my fault but dont copy exactly what I say. You wrote your elements without the "(" ")". It should look like this:

root.box(element ("boots"), element ("BoxBottom"))
    root.box(element ("boots"), element ("BoxBottom2"))
    root.box(element ("boots"), element ("BoxBottom3"))

you had it

root.box(element "boots", element "BoxBottom3")

second problem, layers and child movies dont work with this function. You must remove the paint elements from the child movies like "boxbuttom" and make those the boxbottoms. and same with the layer "guy". In the functions its "getting bounds" so it will take the whole movie instead of just the guy. You have some work to do but mess around with it and I'll answer any problems.
    BC

Exactly what I said.
    Jeffrey Davis (3DFA user since 2.x... or was it 3.x?) (Yes, I finally reveal the offline identity of JSDvs9172, being myself of course. Oh, and sorry for stealing your signature idea, blanius, which I see you stopped using.)