A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Damage Calculator

Threaded View

Damage Calculator

I'm trying to make a damage calculator for one of my games that will tell me the damage per second, and per bullet. I'm trying to do it so that there are 3 drop downlists where you first select your gun, and then your damage upgrade. I do not even know if its possible to do it with comboboxes because i have never made a form in flash before, but here is the information for one gun

heavy machinegun damage per bullet=20
    damagelevel 1=10% increased damage
    damgage level 2= 20% increased damage
    damage level 3= 30% increased damage

total damage per bullet should be equal to hmgdamage*(1+damagelevel)
    each damage level is .1 so level 3 would be hmgdamage * 1.3

the heavy machinegun fires 10 bullets per second, so the damage per second value would just be the bullet damage times 10.

I know this sounds relatively simple, but i've never done anything like this.
    i dont know which commands i use of the combobox such as data, labelfield, value, selecteditem, or if i should even use those at all.

i just want to know how to make a program that will have 2 drop down lists where you select from 4 guns in the first list, and the other list will have the 3 damage upgrades including no damage upgrade. a dynamic text should be able to display the total damage but i have tried 3 things so far and nothing works.

If it is easier to do this with radio buttons or something else, you could help either way. any help would be appreciated, i dont need you to make the program, just help me understand how to do it and tell me which commands i should use.

i am sorry if any of this unclear, and i will answer any other questions you may have.
    Last edited by Flyingcow; 01-10-2006 at 08:06 PM.