A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Animated preloader

Animated preloader

Hi Guys
    what is the easiest way to create animated pre loaders, i have a logo i would like to fade in as the movie loads, is there a frame by frame method i could use or can i just create a movie clip for it.

thanks

Freelance Web Designer ehabaref's Avatar
    just try to use the least ainmation possible. also try not to use any photos that can make the loading on ur movie heavier. you need a fast loading ainmation that can tell people to be pation or the movie is loading. there is also a great mathed if you want to have a drwing in ur preloader. the best way is to drow it in flash.

im after something where the logo would fade in at the same speed as the loading so if the movie was 50% loaded 50% of the logo would visible. im pretty sure it would just be a tween but the actionscript needed for it i have no idea.

There are hundreds of preloaders on this site, most of which contain a parameter for the percentage loaded, and use this e.g. to control the _xscale of a loading bar.

If you use this parameter to instead control the _alpha property of your mc, then you're in business.