A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Flash and Visual Basic

BullFrawg

resolved [RESOLVED] Flash and Visual Basic

I am currently working on a Visual Basic program that will be licensed (sold) to end-users and would like to add a really cool splash screen at both the beginning and ending of the VB program.

Can (or should) I,

a)use the Macromedia ActiveX component inside my VB program and if so, has anyone done this before? Any technical or legal issues I should know about?

b)create a Flash projector EXE for my intro and another for my exit and then call my VB program from the intro Flash and call my exit Flash from my VB program

c) some other (better) way?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

BullFrawg

Just one more thing I meant to note,

I am perfectly willing to have a credits screen where I display Macromedia's logo and/or the Flash logo, but I want the Intro Flash and the Exit Flash to be full-screen, borderless and 100% free of anything I have not intentionally added!

Thanx again.

I haven't worked with VB in a long time but you might see if some work has been done in this area on any number of popular code sites.. One I did frequent many eons ago was http://www.planet-source-code.com perhaps there you could find some code to help with said execution..

If you can do C or C++ you can find the Source Code for both the Flash Player and the .SWF File format at the macromedia website

All in all my recommendation would be .exe if you don't wish to put too much effort into it.. You won't need two .exe's by the way just one.. call it at the beginning and the end.. Can't help you out with copyright issue's I know that you can legally distribute flash executables and you don't need to display there logo in your animation..

BullFrawg
    Thanks for the tip. The answer to my question was indeed on that site!