A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: MovieClip Question

MovieClip Question

Hello,

I have a flash movie that I created using flash 8. The movie can be found here:
    http://www.ciaatournament.org/mainmx.html

If you click on the TICKETS button (left nav) and then click on the "Parking" button it takes you to the Parking page. The problem I'm having is once I'm on this page none of the other buttons (i.e. the top, left, bottom nav)work...only the buttons on this page work. Any ideas on what's causing this?

Thanks,
    tdsilk
    Last edited by tdsilk; 01-12-2006 at 01:16 PM.

without posting some code..or the .fla it will be hard to tell you where your specific problem lies. How are you loading each sections? scenes? external.swf's?

Sorry I corrected the post to reflect the correct button. Each section is it's own movie. Within the parking page I just use FRAMES w/ STOP actions and labels to go to each page. I will try to post the .fla later.

Thank You.

movie?? as in what?..an external.swf? or a movieClip that is created manually and is on _root?

Im thinking either sometign is covering the buttons..or this new sections the NAV doesnt have the code on it.

The movie clip is on the _root. Is there some debugging method I can use to trace what is happening when I click on the buttons not working when on the "parking page"? This would probably help me solve the problem. My main goal is to be able to click on the "home" button on the "parking" page and go back to the beginning (root) of the movie.

thanks for you help.

Really gonna need to see your .fla file to help you on this one. It sounds like you have some kind of pathing problem, but I can't tell just from the link.

Also, I really think this site looks cool, but I'm on a T3 line and it took almost a minute to load. You may want to try to optimize it some.

Hi,

My .fla file is on my server, but it's huge (28 meg). If it's not to big you can find it here: http://www.ciaatournament.org/flash/main.fla I'm new to flash, but my guess would be this is not a normal .fla size is it? Is there a good place on the web that I can go to to get some tips on optimizing? Also, I did noticed that external links work fine when I'm on the "parking" page, but internal links do not. Thanks for your help.

tdsilk

OOP is one letter from OOPS kortex's Avatar
    I admire you desing skills. However, this thing has so many layers and your script is hidden all over the place. This is going to take some major time to review. Will let you know if I can find anyuthing.
    Jeremy Wischusen
    Flash - Flex - LAMP - Web Developer Purple Inc
    AS OOP FAQ-Best Practices Thread | Flashkit OOP Tutorials | Purple Inc (day job) | Blog