A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Creating a camera flash bulb effect

Creating a camera flash bulb effect

Hey guys,

I'm trying to work out how to create an effect that looks like a camera flash going off. Specifically I have an image with several photographers with their cameras pointing towards the viewer, I need to add an effect that makes each photographer seem to be taking a picture (with flash effect).

I was wondering if anyone had any advice or had even seen an example like this online anywhere.

I can get a nice burn effect on the image by tweening the image to a keyframe with maxed out advanced values but I still cant get it looking like cameras going off.

Thanks!

Steven.

you need this to look like a bunch of camera flashes going off...like paparazzi at a movie premier? or you need to simply bleach out/fade a series of images?...
    Please DO NOT PM me simply for individual help. Post in the public forums...that's what they are for, and they allow others to benefit as well. - Thx
    OS X 10.3.9 || Flash MX04 Pro
    | del.icio.us || furl || Helpful Source Files || Free Pixel Fonts |

Yeah, a bunch of camera flashes is what i'm looking for. I have a nagging feeling that it will be very difficult to get it to look right, to be honest I think its quite cheesy, but powers-that-be want it and so I do it.

Is this what you are after? http://skdzines.com/cameras.swf

If so you can download the .zip file of how I did it which contains the photoshop file for you as well. If you have trouble achieving the same thing with your images let me know and I can explain how i did it.

Hope this helps.

www.skdzines.com/cameras.zip

Oh, by the way, this is in Flash 8 format. If you need it in MX only format let me know and I can change it.
    Last edited by skdzines; 01-13-2006 at 11:14 AM.

Hey skdzines, that is exactly what i am after. I tried the zip link but it seems to be down....

(sorry for the late reply!)

I removed it from the server because I hadn't heard anything and didn't want to keep it on there too long. I will put it back up, just let me know when you have downloaded so I can remove it again.

Thanks

hey skdzines... i was just interested in seeing how you put that together... could you put up a version i could open in MX04?.. please?...
    Please DO NOT PM me simply for individual help. Post in the public forums...that's what they are for, and they allow others to benefit as well. - Thx

I will put an MX only format up on Monday as I created it using Flash 8 at work and don't have 8 on my machine at home so I can't open it here either. I will repost on monday when it is up.

Thanks a lot skdzines! I've got a copy of that zip now.

hey madzigian, I have changed it to an MX2004 format. Let me know when you have it so I can remove it from the server.

Thanks

got it... thanks!!

5 years latter..... i need the same effect!!! T_T where can i get it??? or xplain me how to do it plz!