A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pea3698 vs. 3PRIMATES :: 3 Peas in a Pod

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Hes out of town all weekend and wont be back until Sunday/Monday...
    Pretty sure he hasnt even seen it.

Hey 3P great volley. There is alot in there for me to work off of. You are more than welcome to do the edit on the photo. Just let me know when you have it posted. I will probably go ahead and start on a volley but I still have to unpack and all that jazz. Sorry about all of the grain in my last. I was trying to give it a distressed old picture look. I thought it came out well and I likes. I am glad that you got away from the military theme. I was going to do it if you hadn't. I think that this is round 2 of 3 then. Great so far lets see if we can keep it going. . .
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

Hi pea, I changed it the image last night. Very slight modification. Just removed a bit of the blur of the right front flower and the boy.
    I liked the grain in your image. It did give it an old feel, it was just hard to work the grain into my return and not have it look out of place.

I have been going pretty quick on these returns just because I have been a slacker and not getting my paid work done, hehe.

Take as much time as you need.

3P

------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;

Really really exceptional image Pea. One of the best I've seen in this battle, and there have definately been some good ones. Simply stunning. I don't really have anything bad to say about this image.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVulf
    I don't really have anything bad to say about this image.
    LOL that's always a good thing.

has anyone ever tried to silhouette a danelion seed pod before. Don't try it phew it'll drive you nuts.
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone. This has been a really fun battle so far.

I really wanted to have the seed pods look a bit more like they were floating off the page but as I said above, silhouetting the pods was a total pain.

Other than that I think I got the look and feel that I wanted with this one.
    ------------------

yeh peas great, there's something not right in my mind but I can't put my finger on it. But it is quite cool even if I'm crazy, great battle

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

Very, very nice. I love that return. The only thing I see that throws it off is the contrast on the girl. Seems a bit dry. To me it should have a bit more contrast and the black levels adjusted a bit.
    I still love it. Great return.

3P

Quote Originally Posted by 3PRIMATES
    The only thing I see that throws it off is the contrast on the girl. Seems a bit dry. To me it should have a bit more contrast and the black levels adjusted a bit.
    I was trying for a look I haven't seen to often. I wanted the photo on the left to look like it was on the paper, but I wanted the girl to almost look like she was coming off of the paper. But I didn't want it to look like a girl blowing on a piece of paper. So I went halfway with my blending so as to make her pop but not pop to much. I think I pulled it off. But thanks for the comments everyone. If you think I could have pulled it off differently comments are more than welcome.
    ------------------

lol my wife says the girl looks like an ape bah didn't notice that till after she said it lol
    ------------------

Hi there. Not as polished as I had hoped, but I ran out of time for this one.
    I love the way this match has been going. Pretty fun stuff and lots of thought.

Have at it...

3P

Hi pea, just wondering if you are still with me on this battle. I havent heard from you in awhile so I thought I would ask.
    No problems I know you are a busy guy. So whenever is cool with me.

3P

Hey 3Primates, I closed on my new house on Thursday and today (Wen.) is the first time I have seen a computer since. Gotta love unpacking, painting, and woodworkin' lol. Just wanted to let you know that I am back and I will throw up a return asap. BTW I can't see your last return at this moment but I will be checking back in case your server is down or something.

I think this is technically our last round, but if you would like to continue with this battle i'm cool with that. Just let me know.
    ------------------

Hi pea, not a problem. Take your time.
    I dont see a real reason to bust our butts on a fixed time limit. Its nice to be able to play when the mood strikes or there is time.

Yeah my server was down for a bit.
    Hope ya like it.

3P

I can see it now. Pretty cool image. I'll be honest and say my favorite part of it is the text part. Nice font and effects in that area (top left) The uncle sam is cool. The "YOU" kind of look branded into the paper instead of printed on it. I'll get to work on is soon. I need to do a little catch up with work and still getting things situated at home. But the wheels are turning.
    ------------------

I am truly sorry for the long wait.

This image went in a completely different direction than I started out wanting to go. I was wanting to use the same color pallet as my last but wow well you can see what I mean.

I really hope you guys like this one. It is different that what I normally put out and i'm really digging it.

Anyhoo here he is:

------------------

That is sinister.

Very cool image. Im going to have to work with that face. I already have an idea.
    He got de debil in heem!

I like the texture over the cheek on the left. It adds to the sinister level.

Great job.

3P

I tried to keep it as non-grunge as I could, but with that face it is hard to do. I was searching sxc.hu in portraits for a child and a kitten and ran accross the guys image. Couldn't pass it up. I almost painted his face up to look like a jester, but I may have gotten nightmares then lol
    ------------------

LOL, thats exactly what I was thinking. Some kind of evil clown.