A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Rollover in one movie affects another?

Rollover in one movie affects another?

I'm trying to mimic an HTML/JS function where you can roll over a button and swap another image in addition to the button. My buttons are in a narrow section on the left and the text window I want to swap is wider. To make the whole thing one movie would be kind of cumbersome to the design.

Any help?

http://www.brazosportinfo.com/_webwo...am/darker.html
    I Flash, therefore I am.

OOP is one letter from OOPS kortex's Avatar
    Did not see any active buttons in the example.
    Jeremy Wischusen
    Flash - Flex - LAMP - Web Developer Purple Inc
    AS OOP FAQ-Best Practices Thread | Flashkit OOP Tutorials | Purple Inc (day job) | Blog

heh, that's because i'm just starting

but i revised the movies...i now have one large movie instead of 2 smaller ones...i just sacrificed some of the body text real estate

http://www.brazosportinfo.com/_webwork/euram/2col.html

now i'm working on animating the yellow shape in and out on rollover...the text will change for each menu item
    I Flash, therefore I am.

OOP is one letter from OOPS kortex's Avatar
    Looked at the new example. Looks good. Does that mean you got it to do what you were trying to do?
    Jeremy Wischusen
    Flash - Flex - LAMP - Web Developer Purple Inc
    AS OOP FAQ-Best Practices Thread | Flashkit OOP Tutorials | Purple Inc (day job) | Blog

not really, I wanted the top yellow piece to be separate from the lower left menu because of their different widths...I just sacrificed about 50 pixels of the body text and made it one file...I figured that was the fastest solution with minimal casualties

now, here is the next issue...

I will have the yellow shape come out and display text for the page, but when the user rolls over a different link I want the shape to move out and come back with new text.

I could do this easily if the shape wasn't there to begin with. But how do I make the existing shape move to the left on rollover of a different link? This might be confusing. Let me know if you need more explanation.

Thanks.
    I Flash, therefore I am.