A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 2 separate movies "talking" to each other

Lightbulb

Hi,

Is there a way to make 2 seperate flash movies, on the same html page, "talk" to each other? By "talk" i mean using simple actions like gotoframe? One movie would be the controls, and the other, the controlled. I searched the movies section and boards but have found nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time in advance anyone who reads this!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    again this would be the same as the earlier question using frames. Yes you can do it but requires the use of java script. You can check the Macromedia site and see if they have a tech note on it now. I think they use to have one but its been so long. Again I refrence the tutorial on http://www.flashzone.com that shows you how to shoot a cannon using various buttons etc. There is also that map of Hawaii on the CD. Sorry. Regards, Bill

caithness massiv
    i'd think loading swfs into levels/targets is your best bet

try this link if you need help: http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...threadid=61357

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Hes not talking about loading a swf into a flash site. He wants to integrate html, dhtml areas with falsh componets. So the only way to do this is using java script.

caithness massiv
    yeah... i know, bill

but it is much easier to do it internally with flash, rather than use java...

then again, i guess it all depends on how the final product is supposed to function...