A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: load javascript variable into flash field

Question

i am trying to load javascript variables into flash fields through SetVariable() method as the page is being loaded(on the fly). i tried calling a function from a onload handler to load the varibles into the flash fields to give the movie the time to finishing loading, but i still get an error. even when i have the last frame of flash movie send a call to the variable loading function(hope that this guarantees that the movie is fully loaded and functional), same outcome results. only when i call the function through an event, like onclick which guarantees that the movie has been loaded fully, the variables gets loaded.

say i have saved the user's name through a form into a javascript object's property or variable(on client side), and at the end, i would like to say goodbye with an confirmation which reloads the user's name in it. Obviously i cannot have a button which ask the user to press to see his/her name on the screen. This should be done on the fly and i am having some problems.

does anyone can shed a light on a workaround?

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar

This is the WRONG forum to post this message in. Please post in Help or scripting.

Your post will be deleted from this forum in a days time.

------------------
    Regards Mark Fennell
    ---------------------
    Flash Kit Webmaster