A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take that Apple... you copycats! | Part 2

Take that Apple... you copycats! | Part 2

Remember this?

Well, it seems like Apple is up to stealing ideas for an ad... again...

Take a shot-for-shot look at how it all compares.

Shameful, Apple.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I hate the whole campain apple is trying.

What's Intel doing inside an Apple? Alot more than a PC!!
    So what you idiots? You take this long to adopt a better technology and then try and take the piss out of the original users?

Grow up.. Keep your 'high speed' chips - maybe when you support alittle more than your own software & hardware will people take you seriously.

(does anyone remember the fact that Apple claimed their chips were just as good? Amazing turn around now....)

one apple a day
    apple or IBM chips were just as good, but they had to make em dual or quad to compete. it's just that within the past year or so IBM just couldn't get the same high GHZ speeds as intel or amd did. besides this, IBM never managed to put a G5 into a laptop, so the powerbooks g4s really sucked.

for the intel chips, i don't understand why apple did make this move so early. you're right, there is a big lack of software, but i think within the first 2 months the biggest software producers like adobe, will have the universal binaries ready to ship, until then, the "macbook" is just a hell of a fast laptop for surfing the internet. ;-)

and for the ad i'm really disappointed by apple, didn't think they are copycats. but did apple really make this ad or was it an advertising company who likes copying to impress apple? anyway i think some heads will roll...

my 2 cents
    Last edited by shorty116; 01-21-2006 at 05:43 AM.

That is sinful! How can they think this is okay? Fair dooz... steal an idea, but not scene-by-scene!
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Wow... talk about blatant!

Apples creative is all in house isn't it? Shame if it is!

I heard the same people that made the postal service video made the apple ad. Dunno if that's true but I heard.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

That seems to be true. Still though... recycling past work, I hope Apple got a discount.

Blah, so they screwed over an emo band. Who cares?

I honestly had hopes that Apple was going to rise above their usual 'microsoft sucks' policy of advertising with this campaign, mainly because it reeks of desperation, and apple is no longer a desperate company. Why not, I dunno, trying selling us on the merits of the actual product rather than wasting time telling me about how bad the competition was?

And what are they talking about dull little tasks?? Intel boxes supported almost all industry standard software that macs could use, in addition to the many other apps and GAMES which Apple didn't.

Of course all the Apple zealots I know love it, and I will hand it to Apple that they know how to market themselves to their fanbase. They make it look like Intel came begging to them.

Of course nothing beats Apple's iProduct line in terms of marketing savvy

whoa, whoa... whoa there.

I'm just talking about an ad. not specs. not the software. nothing other than a second in under a year "similar" ad to something before it.

anything said bad about apple is like throwing a log on the anti apple fire. You could say the new shade of white on the iPods wasn't quite right and you will get drunk ramblings from the hardcore pc user.

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

I actually don't like the shade of grey they used on the 4G iPod click wheel.

Ok me and my room mate are having a argument who has more money. Microsoft or Apple? Links to there yearly intake and how much they are worth as wholes? I say Microsoft but he is apple whore so he is stuck on apple.

he said "they probably bought the rights to that commercial" I am so annoyed by apple fan boys they are like left or right winged people in politics.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

i love beating the dead zombie mac vs pc horse!!?!?!?111

i will say that apple would have had to have bought the rights to the commercial or at least hired the same company.. as sue happy as apple is sometimes, there's no way they would have made a mistake that big by stealing something outright whether intentional or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac8myPC
    i love beating the dead zombie mac vs pc horse!!?!?!?111
    Same here.

Die Mac Die!

Maybe MS will buy apple once the ipod fad is over, and steve jobs is livin' an a van down by the river!

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

Read the first link in my first post.

They've been hit with a cease and desist in the past. Sue happy or not, they were wrong then - well, the ad agency they hired was wrong.

And about the PC/Mac dead horse thing. Flog away at your own leisure. Its boring by now. They share the same processor/architecture now.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    They share the same processor/architecture now.
    Which puts them in the same category as dell or gateway now, only difference is that apple has their own crappy OS, so they dont have to pay MS for their crappy OS.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    Ok me and my room mate are having a argument who has more money. Microsoft or Apple? Links to there yearly intake and how much they are worth as wholes? I say Microsoft but he is apple whore so he is stuck on apple.

he said "they probably bought the rights to that commercial" I am so annoyed by apple fan boys they are like left or right winged people in politics.
    Microsoft definitley has more cash on hand, by a long shot. Apple may be making more money these past couple of years though with the Ipod sales. Check out Yahoo Finance and enter their stock tickers and you can get the balance sheets for both companies.

As far as the ad, it seems like a blatant ripoff to me. If they get the rights to some footage, usually they use that footage no? I'm not sure it's even possible to buy the rights for shot styles, themes etc. in a music video. Whether its legal or not what they did, I think we can all agree it's very unoriginal.

Registered pseudo intellectual
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    data:
    annual net incomes/ gross profit data: Apple. Microsoft

Market Capitalization:
    Apple (64.13 Bil). Microsoft (281.13 Bil)

Both companies are growing almost as fast as each other over the past 5 years.

go to the itunes music store.. you can buy the postal service video. it was linked right from the main page.