dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Designing a CD Case in flash - how?

Designing a CD Case in flash - how?

Hi all,

I'm looking at drawing/designing a CD Case box in flash, which I'm gonna add animation too.

How do I go about drawing in flash?

I'd like to create an open CD Case, laid flat, such like the picture here:

http://www.maydaymystery.org/mayday/...d_and_case.jpg

It'll have my designed CD inside on the right, which will spin when a track is played, and on the right will be my sleeve design, which will link to a website to find out more info about myself and my band!

Can any of you chaps help me out?

Please

Cheers

Ash

there's a couple ways you coudl do this...i suggest you take the photo into photo shop, then cut it up into the parts you need (sleeve side, CD, CD side), then you can import each one into flash, trace them so they're vectorized, and then animate how you'd like each part to move.

Cheers for the reply m8

How would I go about tracing them good, so they look like the actual object?

Ooo...Maybe I could take a photo, put it into illustrator and do a live trace (chaning it into a vector graphic)!

Regarding animation (this should really be in another topic), could you please advise me on how to animate a CD Case opening on a mouse click - i.e. the case will open up when clicked to show the inside left and inside right casings (just like opening up a standard CD Case)

Cheers again for the reply m8

Ash

Yeah, illustrator will do the job. I forgot you should probably do the front part of the case as well, so that's 4 parts no, 5 if you're going to use the back.

I said you can trace the parts in flash, because if that's where you're animating from, it may be easier for you to do it there as there will be a perspective change when the cd case initially opens.

I'm not a great anmator by any means, so maybe someone else can help you with more detials.

Cool

Thanks m8

I do have a script for a hard case opening animation, but being a newbie, I don't really understand it that well

Cheers for the very much needed, and very helpful post

Ash