A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Banner to play only once

Banner to play only once

I bought a template that I am trying to edit for use on a website. There are two almost identical .fla files in this package. One is for use on the index page (it includes an additional movie) and the other (i assume, is for any other pages I create. My problem is this, I would like the second .fla movie to just jump right to the last frame and not actually play at all. That way the only time the movie plays is when the user first enters the site or goes back to the index page. Is there any way to just have a static image of the last frame show up instead of the entire movie? Thanks in advance for any help.

Well for the ones you want as static, on the first frame in the actions panel just put gotoAndStop(xxx);

where xxx is equal to the number of the last frame
    Flashmatics | Flashmatics Library (free downloads)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Latest Projects:
    The Dead Room | Are You Smarter | Prison Break (Frame A Friend) | Beck's Fusions | The 24 Experience

-----------------------------------------------------
    Flash Certified Developer

Banner to play only once

Thank you for your quick reply. When I enter the suggested script in frame 1 of layer 87 (there was a stop(); there before) and test the movie it doesn't play all the way through, and it's still playing not just jumping to the final frame.