dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with my Online Card Designer!

Help with my Online Card Designer!

Hi,

Im kind of new to flash and really a novice at actionscript. I've been searching for an online business card designer but none has one for a reasonable amount of money. So I decide to try to built one myself.

MY intentions are to allow a user to choose background options (fill, gradient, or my predesigned bkgd's), give them options to add 2 extra graphics, add text (maybe 3-4 different fonts), preview your card (what you have changed in the swf movie) and save the card (save fonts chosen: I will probably come up with 3 or 4 different text assorted locations, 4-5 font colors, background & images chosen, I WANT TO put all of this information in variables that I can call to see what a particular viewer created from me to process the real thing from.)

I will try to update my work here if I finally get it done. Any help is always appreciated. As usual I have problems with components or codes that use to work but stopped for some reason.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So far I have a 'Select Background' button that is functional. It will load an image into the preview_mc according swf's you have in the same folder with names such as color_red.swf, color_blue.swf, grad1.swf, grad2.swf (for gradients).... But when it came to me loading my personal smlImg1.jpg & Img1.jpg images (that go in sequence) that are in a folder called 'realImg' it doesn't display an error because the jpgs are there, but I cant see them.

Here's what I have so far... any help is appreciated. I will post more when I past this roadblock.

created in MX Pro 2004
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmgrafx; 01-23-2006 at 07:57 PM.
    "Image is Everything!"
    Full Color Business Cards & more at...
    http://bmgrafx.net

OOP is one letter from OOPS kortex's Avatar
    I looked at you FLA, but it requires that external SWFs be loaded in that are not included in the ZIP. So I can't tell what is not happening that you want to happen.
    Jeremy Wischusen
    Flash - Flex - LAMP - Web Developer Purple Inc
    AS OOP FAQ-Best Practices Thread | Flashkit OOP Tutorials | Purple Inc (day job) | Blog

Thanx for responding Kortex, here's everything... I had available:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Image is Everything!"
    Full Color Business Cards & more at...
    http://bmgrafx.net