dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: wait... Disney buys Pixar?

wait... Disney buys Pixar?

And the man that bought Pixar away from Lucasfilm for like 10 million just made 3.5 billion on this one deal... Steve Jobs just 20 years ago.

holy damn.

Read about it here...

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I just found Bs. 5000 ($2.33) in my pants pocket. Take that, Steve!

Does this mean there will soon be a lot of Disney content at iTMS?

3D miny mouse pron.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

The all-share deal will make Steve Jobs, the chief executive of Apple, around $3.5bn and the single largest shareholder in Disney.
    what does this mean? that Steve Jobs is selling Pixar, and by doing that, he owns Disney?
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

imagination through stupidity
    yea, i didn't get that either. i guess he's selling it for 7bn and getting 3.5bn + lots of disney shares.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

Allan Jardine
    He's selling Pixar to Disney, and in return is getting lots of dosh and plenty of shares. He will be the biggest single share holder, holding around 7% of Disney shares. He will not be a majority share holder - no control. But given that its Stevo you can bet he'll have plenty of clout anyway.

Well that could pixar stuffed for me... i can't stand disney... Mary Poppings my A**s... I really hope they just leave Bucky and the team to it...

S
    Last edited by discs79; 01-23-2006 at 07:13 AM.

In light of this acquisition, Disney will be renaming Pixar's feature films to:

1. Finding Pluto
    2. A Duck's Life
    3. Mouses Inc.
    4. Pooh Story 1 & 2
    5. The Incredible Einsteins
    "A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Official Vermont Photo Mod WannaBe_80z's Avatar
    Didn't Pixar just divorce Disney? and now they are being bought back as slaves? Steve is so money hungry it is crazy.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I wouldn't say it's Steve Jobs that's all that money hungry. Pixar brought Disney mad cash with each movie they made. Pixar wanted a new deal, Disney was full of ****, so Jobs and Co. bounced.

Disney made the switch to 3D, and nobody noticed.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    doesn't merchandising of toys etc, make more than the movies for both companies.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Heard an interesting bit on the radio the other week about the relationship between Pixar and Disney.

Tim Burton, Brad Bird, and a bunch of Pixar folks were apparently the first class in an animation program that Disney funded and started at one of the Cali colleges when they realized their animators were starting to hit retirement age. Basically, the people who formed Pixar were supposed to be the next generation of Disney animators, and were trained by the old Disney guard. Pretty interesting, and now it looks like they've all come full-circle.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Jobs didn't get money + Disney shares... he got Disney shares. Considering how Disney is worth about 50 billion, Jobs would have a 7% stake in Disney, so far from being a majority shareholder and taking over....But as the largest shareholder it will probably get him on the board of directors and such.

I'm more annoyed to see this happen because I was hoping Pixar was finally rid of Disney. I don't doubt they'll continue to produce great work (all their past hits were done under Disney) but I was hoping to see what they could do without having to follow the Disney guidelines in terms of movie content.

I can only hope that perhaps this is the start of a turn around from the creative hole Disney has run itself into. At least Eisner is out of the picture, and getting pixar back shows that the new CEO Robert Iger has some common sense.

Well, CNN finally got wind of the story. Either that, or they were putting the finishing touches on this:

link

Who says watching the news can't be fun.

who did that? flashkid? they need better photoshopers!
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

*submits résumé*

Funny, iTunes just put up a bunch of old Disney shorts. Lots of animal stuff. Same reason Pixar does shorts, to try stuff out and to learn. Amazing how Pixar is more like Disney used to be than Disney is.

Might have to make my first iTunes video purchase for Brave Little Tailor.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.