A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dreamweaver tracing image not appearing in browser

Dreamweaver tracing image not appearing in browser

Hello Flashkit,

Wondering...I have a dreamweaver page...I've loaded a tracing background image to it but it's not showing up when I preview it in the browser. The jpg is in the same folder as the htm doc...any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

cheers!

Hi i have never used the trace background, but at a guess its not designed to load in a browser, I think its just for placing, when designing

otherwise people would use it as part of the page by accident (and that would be a big page).

What I would say is try the final site in netscape, opera, firefox and IE to see how the final site behaves with those browsers. If the site looks right in all 4 then you have cracked it

another trick is to print screen the background image, paste in an art package, then print screen the browser window and over lay it to check the positioning. If you do this in photoshop either turn down the opacity or turn on and off the layer and look to see if there is any significant change.

bp

A tracing background is only to display in Dreamweaver for reference ... thus the name "tracing". You want a background image to show you either apply it to the <body> tag, or you create the appropriate css to display it.

Also this is just a guess, if the placing image is eg a psd then a browser wont know what to do with it, it might well appear in the design interface, but a browser wont know what to do with it.

bp

Ah hah...all great suggestions...defintely making sense thankyou!