A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do you insert a Flash sig as a forum sig?

How do you insert a Flash sig as a forum sig?

I have made a siggy in flash and want to use it as a forum signature. How do I insert it to make it show up like a gif sig would? Thanks for any help.

OOP is one letter from OOPS kortex's Avatar
    Well something definately showed up:

CKI-YWK
    and a joker's face
    Jeremy Wischusen
    Flash - Flex - LAMP - Web Developer Purple Inc
    AS OOP FAQ-Best Practices Thread | Flashkit OOP Tutorials | Purple Inc (day job) | Blog

A Flashkit User
    I dont think thats allowed in this forum, there are certain requirements for the signature...

(I think)

-Ostil-

A Flashkit User
    Found in the Flashkit FAQ's sticky at the top:

Footer Rules
    Footers are a digital signature attached to the bottom of every post you make. You can chose to not have one if you like, simply go to your then click edit profile and adjust your footer text and image there in the signature box.

This box makes use of vB code. A very basic scripting language to allow you to show images or change text safely on flashkit. You can read more about it by clicking here.

Footers have a fixed size, weight and text rules. Do not break these or your footer will be removed.

footer specs
    Image type: JPG, GIF or PNG ONLY!
    Number of images: ONE image prefered, but if you must have multiple images they must all total less than 300x40 pixels!
    Weight: 15kb max!
    3 lines of text (If you don't want to use an image then you are allowed up to 5 lines of text in your footer.)
    No fonts larger than 12pt.
    Do not use these vB commands in your footer: QUOTE CODE PHP LIST (as they add extra breaks and make your footer too large)

-Ostil-

My sig in this forum is an animated gif...I need to know how to post a flash sig in a forum that does allow them. Thanks for any help.

normally forums that all different things have guides/ways of how to do it within their forums

An FKer
    He's right, you'll most likely find the forum rules etc at the forum itself. But what better forum is there then Flashkit?