A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mouse.show flashing ;-(

Mouse.show flashing ;-(

I am using Mouse.hide(); and Mouse.show(); and created a movie clip to be a custom cursor (this cursor will follding the mouse location while the mouse is hidden.)

My problem is when user's mouse leave the SWF area or flash movie area, the cursor flashes (on internet explore). I have tried to make a movie clip that's the size of the flash movie and create a
    on (rollOut) {
    Mouse.show();
    }
    on that movieclip but that does not work, the cursor still flashes.

Any help, please?

thank you in advance!

(EDIT: Zuperxtreme2 Thanks for point it out, I actually meant to type what you typed instead.)
    Last edited by ella_sad; 01-25-2006 at 01:24 PM.
    *!* I really need some help *!*

just wondering... but why do you care if it flashes when it leaves the stage?
    well I dunno can it probably be

on(rollOut){
    Mouse.show();
    }

I dunno but I think if its out of the stage you cant control how the mouse looks like..

well ok good luck

thanks for your response. I have used the on(rollOut) script before but that did not stop the flashing of the cursor. (actually I mean to type on(rollOut), Mouse.show();,etc in my original post, but apparently I made a mistake there )

I care if the cursor flashes when its out of the stage because this flash movie is placed in a html page on a web site. On the html page, there are other links user will be able to click. Right now, it is hard to see where my cursor is at when it is not on the flash file.

Any more ideas?
    *!* I really need some help *!*