dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: i got a doozy here.... anyone help?

i got a doozy here.... anyone help?

i had a swf put on my desk. no original fla. conversion is not a problem, but it left out most of the most necessary actions, masks and self-contained movies, which seems to mean that i have to try and recreate it from scratch.

the swf (CD.swf) goes from scene to scene with user activated keypress. i need to stop this swf before the end of the piece so that i can add in new content.

i have made a new fla "new.fla" that loads the "CD.swf" movie into the timeline. is there any way to control the CD.swf so that on the keypress where i need the old swf to stop and my new piece to start, it will switch the CD.swf with the "replace.swf"? i don't think i can use a time element, as the keypresses will be very random, based on the person giving the presentation.

or is there a way to import the swf into "new.fla" so that it appears on the timeline as a movie that i can then add actions to?

or am i really stuck, as it appears i am, with having to recreate the whole thing???
    thanks for reading and for your input!
    Phil

me again. it seems as though a simple piece of code should do this....

if (keypress) {
    right <= 16;
    play();
    } else if (keypress) {
    right >= 17;
    unloadMovieNum(0);
    loadMovieNum("replace.swf", 1);}

...it plays the CD.swf fine, but does not switch at the 17th keypress. any ideas what my simplistic code is doing wrong? are the actions in "CD.swf" overriding mine?
    thanks