A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash exports off-screen items, help??

Flash exports off-screen items, help??

I've ran into another problem with my first flash movie... when I export the file it even exports things that are off the canvas, how can I get only the canvas items exported? I even had the document size right, but it seems to ignore that.

Exports as in shows up in movie or exports as in file size ?

Quote Originally Posted by bH507
    I've ran into another problem with my first flash movie... when I export the file it even exports things that are off the canvas, how can I get only the canvas items exported? I even had the document size right, but it seems to ignore that.
    If your are exporting a movie and you are getting off screen items that you do not want to show up, try one of these steps...

1) When exporting your flash file into a movie clip, check to see if the movie resolution matches up with your flash file. You can have, per-say, a 1024 x 768 flash movie file exported as a 640 x 480 movie clip as long as you stick with the resolution standards.

2) One other method I would try to use is to create a foreground border that extends out at a higher resolution than your flash file. This can hide all the unnecessary items from showing up when previewing your flash file as just an swf file or even as a movie clip.

Hope this helps.