A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Alpha Problem

Alpha Problem

I am using Flash 8 professional to make an animation and I am trying to create a basic fade up on a graphic in my Flash animation, and for some reason it won't do it.

The graphic is a piece of text created in Flash and then converted into a graphic symbol.

I have put this onto a new layer, set the colour to alpha and then 0%, 6 frames after this, i have put in a keyframe, changed the alpha value to 100% and then created a motion tween between the 2.

Within the same animation I have done fades using graphics created from .GIF images and this has worked fine, but for some reason it won't fade the graphics made from text and instead shows them at 100% at all times while they are on screen when I publish it.

Strangely, it is showing the fades as working when viewing the animation just in the normal window, but not when i view it in flash player!!!

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Change the type of your symbol to a MovieClip and try again. Could be that...

I managed to fix the problem by breaking apart the text in the graphic so that it was no longer recognised by flash as a text box.

Sure there must be a more simple explaination, but at least its working in the animation now.

Thanks