A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: :: INVITATION #2 and another THANK YOU ::

You're more than welcome my friend... I just hope it will be useful and helpful to you and many others.

I am sure if we all help each other, we all can achieve much more... 10 heads is always much more clever than just 1... right ? Now, imagine thousands and thousands heads in this forum. I am sure there is a lot we can learn from each other. That's the real purpose of communities like this.

If we manage to build friendships too, then we did a wonderful job.

Cheers !
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

:: SASHA-Z-CREATIONS :: web site

Do you know how the maker did this animation? It's too complicated to be a Frame-By-Frame animation and it's the best 3D thing I seen on the Internet.

http://www.gamewreck.com/play/1451.html

Regards,
    Tongxn
    When you actually know what "OMG I have so much homework!" means, you won't want to be me.
    Xrave

Thats a quality animation, love the Coltrain track too

Check out the animators website.

http://michalevy.com/

animation done in Maya.
    www.lexicon-design.co.uk
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?
    If Vegetarians like animals so much, why do they eat all their food?

Yes, that's a nice one... but I feel so wonderful every single time over and over again, when I see something like this:

Sorry, link removed (bandwidth issues)

Adobe AfterEffects in cooperation with Flash... it gives such a wonderful effects, feeling of joy, satisfaction and fullfillness. I guess the next step is dive into the wonderful world of Adobe AfterEffects, haha...

Cheers !
    Last edited by Thankful; 04-11-2006 at 10:02 AM.
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

Little update...

I was playing with my 3D applications and I have to say I found myself unbelievable interested in this stuff. I'm spending more time trying to figure out all options and possibilities than I ever had to with Flash But, sure it is fun and opens some new "windows" in this wonderful creativity journey (since the very first day I started to play with Flash), plus it spices everything up.

Ok, to make this short, here is a picture how second Flash header (second intro for the web site, they will have two versions of the web site header, so people can choose wich one they like better... if any, lol):

And here is a little explanation how I did it... I didn't use any video files, I could have done that, but I was trying to avoid it. This way final file size was much smaller and I wasn't limited with Flash version I have to publish my file. Actually, this whole Flash work (both header versions) is published as Flash 6, AS2. If you nicely optimize pictures in Fireworks, you can have some nice small files in physical size, and still without noticeable loss of picture quality. You just have to be careful with optimization settings, and you can do whatever you want. I love Fireworks much more than anyone out there can possibly love Photoshop, haha... See those frames and there is some small text file explaining what I did...

Direct link for this version is here:

::: Second version of the Flash header (3D City + Puzzle) :::

Pay attention to the part when all puzzle pieces are in place and right after the logo slides up to the upper left corner of the page. Then starts the short but effective "animation" of the background... it zooms from gro-plan to the wide-plan, and the final frame is actually the default intro version 2 background.

I hope you'll like this one... I'll repeat... I am not that good in 3D, still in "learning mode", but sure I'm giving my best to learn as much as possible. It's kind of hard when you have millions of other activities going on, and you have to teach yourself.

Cheers !
    Last edited by Thankful; 05-05-2006 at 03:30 PM.

Awesome stuff again Sasha.

I was wondering if you could answer a quick question though. I've posted a question relating to something you have done on your first site (the spotlight). If you could take a look at the thread I would really appreciate it.

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=677576

Thanks again,
    DaVuLf

I just created one example for you. See here how it looks:

Now, all you need is this simple FLA file to help you understand how easy this really is, and your spot light image (vector or bitmap, doesn't really matter). I see in that thread that you already came up with some spotlight image, so you can use that one.

You just need to make your spotlight image follow this mask. If you wanted to avoid using of circular spotlight, you just have to use your spotlight vector image, and place it inside the movieclip that contains that shaded circle.

But in my opinion, every spotlight gives you kind of circular shape at the end, so you may want to combine those two as well. Possibilities are endless...

Hope this helps a bit...

FLA file is in attachment

Cheers !

That's fantastic. Thanks alot Thankful.

AFX == P. Forsberg

typography

Hey Thankful. Cool site. Looks like some time (and hopefully money) went into it.
    My least favorite part of design is typography. My only suggestion for the site is to spend some more time on the fonts used. I don't feel the fonts in there match the more cutting edge style of the site graphics. In some areas they do like good, ie the buttons. During the intro I was distracted by the font choice. I looked at the new site you posted in the start of this thread... the purple themed site. The handwritten font may have been used a bit much in my opinion. I feel that stylized fonts should be used sparingly and to highlight things such as page titles. Just my 2 cents. Not to take away from the graphics which are great!

Hope this helps and nice work,
    Morgan

Yes, you are 100% right and that was my issue too... but again, I worked for another company, so I had to listen to their client and her specific wishes... if it was up to me, I would choose (always) some nice, crisp clear fonts. Not being able to read what's on the page is equal IMHO to bad designed page. You are so right... but again, I had to listen to them...

But the good thing is... not any more... I just got layed off, company is going down. Vancouver office is completely shut down and 5 people here in Toronto is on labour market once again...

I guess, good old freelancing kicks in again, or maybe some good offer from some other company... we'll see...

Regards

awsum! you guys giving out ads? I might do one on my site. If i had a site.
    When you actually know what "OMG I have so much homework!" means, you won't want to be me.
    Xrave

A Flashkit User
    Another awesome site by you.

I wish I had your skills and imagination.

-Ostil-

Don't we all, Ostil. Don't we all...
    Xrave

I am sure you all have that in you, it's just you need to try little bit harder, and spend some more time playing with those things. You all need to remember one thing... never, ever give up, never say I can not do that... even when it looks hopeless. If you are persistent in what you want, and give your 110%, I am sure everything is possible.

I was just like you guys... I thought I will never ever learn 3D applications and some other stuff that I am interested in... but now even though I suck big time in those apps, I see some progress, and that tells me that nothing comes over the night. It is not easy, but also, it is not impossible. You have to give it a good bashing, spend a lot of sleepless hours, sweat and sometimes even tears... but nothing can be compared to the happiness and joy at the end, when you see those results regardless of how small they may seem at the beginning.

Cheers !

ahh wisedom.

yea.. but I don't usually spend my night up.. I am younger than you think

still..
    Xrave

Advance Motion Management
    The water loop has been ripped from 2Advance
    Last edited by vinitt jaiswal; 04-01-2006 at 06:24 PM.

--
    Vini
    Its in my Blood, B+

Just off topic question here:

can you use flash to configure sounds?
    // i mean like those bar-things that shows you the volume and Htz. Like in itunes on the top bar, when you click that little tiny button and some bars pops up.
    And can you use flash to simulate that effect?
    Xrave

Quote Originally Posted by vinitt jaiswal
    First off, no. Second, please don't accuse contributing members of the forum. Thankful has helped many many people around here, and is recognized as a top designer. He stated earlier in the thread that he got the animation himself. Please read through things before making accusatory remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by vinitt jaiswal
    LOL, nice start in this thread India... first of all, please read whole thread before you start to make any accusations. Specifically go to the page 3 of this same thread and read carefully my reply #49. After you read it, you'll have one link for the other reply to read it as well... if it's not too much of a hussle for you, you'll see where that water came from...

Edit: here is the quote:

Water is actually an AfterEffects file that came among many other files on the same CD. Sky background is a simple video file (FLV). You can purchase those things at quite affordable price wherever you go. They are selling them all over the net. The good thing is, in next few weeks, we are getting an AfterEffects guy, so no one will have to think of searching and buying of those things from some ouside source. Besides, mostly you can not even find what you are looking for... this way, we will have exactly what we wanted.

When I'm doing those things for some personal purpose, I never buy nor use those things. I'm trying to make everything myself. If I can not make something, I'm looking for some other solution... trying to go with some other effect or something.

As long as you work for a company, they take care of those things, so less worries for you... I'm just here to turn an idea into finished piece.
    The other thing is... if they asked me what I want to do, I wouldn't go with that water ever. It's just been used too many times and it's nothing new. But the problem is, my ex. box specifically said he wants to see it inside, so I made his wish come true even though it was 100% against my beliefs. I like to build sites like my personal site is, and any other site where I was 100% allowed to design it exactly the way I wanted.

BTW, maybe that spot light also came from 2advanced ? LOL... whole effect is done by me from the scratch, and I used nothing else but vectors done in Flash... not a single one program aside. Same goes for puzzle pieces and whole animation in that one... maybe I ripped it from someone who still hasn't created it yet... who knows, everything is possible.

Thanks for the comments anyway...
    Last edited by Thankful; 04-01-2006 at 10:41 PM.

Advance Motion Management
    No offence THankful, If something is overused, its always a good idea to avoid it. I definitely like your work and the ideas that has been incorporated. Thankful has really helped us i this thread. Spot light effect is really Kool. Why i said it was because the colour of the water does not go with the colour of the sky.

--
    Vini
    Its in my Blood, B+