A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Recent Web Design

Flasher

Recent Web Design

Hi. I have a question about web design:
    I have seen many sites with a design sort of like Macromedia.com. The background is a rounded rectangle, with some kind of dropshadow, though I'm not sure what it (and would love to know ). I would also like to know any color scheme or general web design tips to make my site look as good, clean, and proffesional, as possible.

Thanks,
    Sportzguy933

Are you talking about the background how it starts light on top and fades to dark on the bottom?

well the way i would think of doing that is going into photoshop and making it like that with a simple gradient overlay if you want i can do that for you with any selected colors you want it take me less then 3 min lol

Flasher
    No, I'm not talking about that...that's a little obvious . I'm talking about the layout and outline of the site. I would like some tips, tricks and ways to achieve a good, clean and smoothe website...(tutorials would also be good ).

Thanks,
    Sportguy933

Flasher
    bump.

You kno, I am haveing this VERY same problem! I am trying to make a good looking website in flash but I am pulling my hair out with trying to make it look good graphicaly.
    This is our world now, the world of the electron and the switch. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias.

do you have access to Macromedia fireworks? if u do you can make a complete site, (the backgrounds, navigation bars etc, you shouldent put content in fireworks) then slice it (or turn ur picture in to html tables) doing this you can make resolution friendly sites in one file, go here to see some examples
    http://www.entheosweb.com/dreamweaver/default.asp

Flasher
    As a matter of fact, I was hoping someone would lead me to a tutorial that uses Macromedia Fireworks, since I don't have Photoshop currently. I will take a look at the link.

Thanks!

~Sportzguy933

-_-
    Or, You can do the same thing in photoshop. I create all the buttons/Graphics in photoshop, and then inport them into flash.

Flasher
    Of course you can do it in Photoshop, but why would you? Fireworks is so much more web-based it's insane. I'm not doing this whole site in Flash, or I would use Photoshop... "Advanced", lol, try reading.

~Sportzguy933

Flasher
    Bump.

Hi please stop bumping your posts, If everyone did it the whole of Flash Kits forums would be one massive nightmare.

thanks
    bp

Flasher
    Sorry about that.