A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: projectfreeford.com - 16 year old, guys! Unbelievable!

projectfreeford.com - 16 year old, guys! Unbelievable!

http://www.projectfreeford.com/

If I were him, I'd rather make sites and get an F150 rather than begging.....
    What's that? You haven't seen my site yet?? Here you go - Click Me!

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Damn that kid has skills, although I am not 100% convinced that he created the website.

Im not saying a 16 year old kid cant have design skills, but the way the site is set up seems a bit more on the pro side. Most young designers make a few common mistakes which I did not find on that site. Maybe a parent? I hope I am wrong though.

Hey kid, if you are checking your stat logs and come to this post, my advice to you is show your site to Ford and ask for a job (if you were the creator).

3P

He says in the FAQ that he designed it in photoshop, but someone else did the flash and effects.

Either way, nice design for 16, but it's a little dark and some things are hard to read.

I don't think I'd donate to him. OH GNOZ! I HAV TEH NO CARZ!!!!11 Tough.

Edit - Flash done by www.neverrain.net
    Last edited by sk8Krog; 01-31-2006 at 05:19 AM.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

The only bit I feel could've been much better is the animation for the buttons......I mean, it looks silly as is.
    What's that? You haven't seen my site yet?? Here you go - Click Me!

Thanks sk8Krog, I must have missed that. That makes more sense to me. Still, graphics are damn nice.

Yeah, the buttons are a bit on the cartoonish side. I think they would be fine if the flip was taken out and just the jiggle was left.

heh, he sure picked a cheep car. 50k truck.. :P uhm...

the design is nice, the framerate should be faster and the animations should be smoother. Its good, but its not perfect.

A kid who wants a truck? Seriously, I dont see how that would help him at all. Now, on the other hand, if it was useful, then the donation would be worth atleast considering.

PS: Donate me some money for me to buy a Dell XPS laptop please, kthxbye.

Quote Originally Posted by zakp0
    PS: Donate me some money for me to buy a Dell XPS laptop please, kthxbye.

Yea I want a ferrari, its my dream uhm.. :P

Hey, as 3Primates said, I was just browsing around my stats and found this post. Wanted to see what people thought. I am indeed 16 years old and did the Photoshop in this site. The picture on the contact page is of me also. And Neverrain did do the Flash. I'll probably be looking around to see if any more new posts come up. I think it's pretty cool to have people posting your site and you just go around and find out about it. It's awesome! Thanks for the comments everyone and the post!

Fluous: yea its a nice design mate. You got talent. Hopefully someone will notice it and give you some design projects so you can maybe make some nice cash of it. and buy that truck good luck.

Yeah, nice graphics you have there Fluous. For 16 years old, I'd rather take care of my school first, then I start my own projects. And beware, lots of people out there trying to make fool of 16, talented, great designers.

It is indeed great to have people posting on your site, just don't stop there. There's a lot of things you can do more to have people respect on you.

Btw, just wanna nice site, keep on going.

Nice Site. Nice graphics too. What i admire most is the mind of yours, Fluous. To be frank, anyone can whip those graphics with a few clicks in PS. Putting them together into a complete site is another question, which is the hardest part of site making. Nice work, and do carry on.

+faved!

Cheers

Coming Sooooon!!!
    I hate spam in the [ Cool Sites ] Section.

rudolflai999: anyone can whip that in PS? yea right... Not everyone mate, just few designers that have talent.

and to be honest, the design is better then the flashing!

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    At first glance I thought this was made for a Ford dealer or as a Ford sanctioned giveaway (domain name mislead me). Once you settle in though it becomes clear how wrong a thought that was.

Whover made the site has talent but all that time dedicated to making a website devoted to begging for truck donations just somehow negates all the good things about it. It seems to be a trend since that dude who needed tuition sold pixels. To make matters worse, poeple who use this type of scheme now seem to think they invented it and I for one hope web savvy users grow tired of it quickly and potential web builders hoping for a quick easy buck aren't able to rely on it because it has been done to death.

If I get spam in my email I don't usually care how well put together the spam is or how well it was presented...it is still spam. This is similar in that no matter how well it looks...the subject matter of the site makes it less than respectable.

Why not sell PNG's, backgrounds, templates, services .....or anything other than resorting to asking for handouts? It just doesn't make sense.

The "Donate to Red Cross if not me" doesn't redeem it because other than that small mention...the Red Cross linkage is completely surrounded and dominated by the real cause..."Donate to me".

I honestly cannot say this site is "Cool".

First 5 dollars today thanks to John Mazzarella!

As you should. All of us could stick our worms in the water and the laws of attrition say if we hit enough ponds, a few fish are bound to bite. At no time did I mean to say you would not make money...I just state why should the method be considered "cool" in the cool sites.

Your running total affirms advice from my grandpa years ago that :

1. A sucker is born every minute
    2. A fool and their money are soon parted.

By all means....good luck with the truck

Well, Im kinda in a dilema here. I myself think the flash is pretty good, but in all honesty, I am not sure if I am going to allow the post to remain on the boards.

The only reason I did not remove the post to begin with is because it was not posted by the site creator, but rather a flashkit regular.

Linking to websites whos sole purpose is to ask for funding either personal or proffesional, in my opinion is not what the this forum is for. Albeit, it was not posted for that reason.

Im going to allow the thread to remain for a little bit longer then I may have to remove it.

Thanks for understanding.

3P

I'm not trying to get the site censured so I'm glad you let it remain. I respect his right to choose his methods as I hope he respects mine as a review in our "Cool Sites".

I'm no expert and certainly no authority but this is Flash-Kit baby and dropping a worm in our pond of half a million fishes seems like a win-win in his favor. I know he didn't place it here and I was just commenting on this type of "self gain via useless cause" trend we are seeing now that a few have hit a cash cow that way.

It's the youth that seems to want to sidestep "making their bones" and head straight to the payoff. If it pays off....power to them...if not.....Vegas rules apply

Quote Originally Posted by mellowlab
    rudolflai999: anyone can whip that in PS? yea right... Not everyone mate, just few designers that have talent.

and to be honest, the design is better then the flashing!
    I agree. However, i can assure you that there are lots of tuts out there teaching you how to do it. most of it is just layer effects, but put together very well that makes an illusion that it is very advanced. For example the glowing line above the ford and paypal logo is actually a line with bevel effect appiled and had both ends erased by a 0% hardness eraser.

Cheers,
    Rudolf

Coming Sooooon!!!
    I hate spam in the [ Cool Sites ] Section.