A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: projectfreeford.com - 16 year old, guys! Unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Seahorn
    It's the youth that seems to want to sidestep "making their bones" and head straight to the payoff. If it pays off....power to them...if not.....Vegas rules apply
    Damn, that's definately quote-worthy.

Age old question - why not work and get the money instead of looking for a quick money making scheme? You'd be more proud of yourself if you worked for it. Trust me.

Well I'm not here to start arguments. But since Rudolf thinks he knows about everything. I'd be willing to bet you $49,995.00 that that was not a line with a bevel effect applied with erasings. And I am willing to bet you that under 10% of the site, if even that much, was used with layer styles. I don't like using layer styles, and I don't like using filters. If I used a layer style most likely it was on text. Sorry pal wrong this time. Again not to start arguments, but maybe to set someone straight in this case.

Best Regards,
    Trevor Pearson

I do work when I can. And any money I make goes towards the truck.

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    I have to agree with Fluous. He was the artist, I would imagine hes knows how he did it.

Chris, it wasnt your comments that would get the site censored, its more a Flashkit thing. If Fluous would have been the one that posted the site, it would have been deleted, just because commercial promotion is not allowed.
    Were in a gray area with this. I will keep the thread open for now. If it starts turning into a rant fest then I'll close it.

Lets keep these conversations lite. No need to get to over critical or defensive.

I kind of look at it this way. Free is a very good price.
    If he can get strangers to buy him a truck, more power to him.

I would have to agree though. Purchasing something with hard earned cash has a much better feel to it.
    Last edited by 3PRIMATES; 02-02-2006 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PRIMATES
    [...]Lets keep these conversations lite. [...]
    My letters on the F1 key have faded, how are yours today?

Quote Originally Posted by rudolflai999
    I agree. However, i can assure you that there are lots of tuts out there teaching you how to do it. most of it is just layer effects, but put together very well that makes an illusion that it is very advanced. For example the glowing line above the ford and paypal logo is actually a line with bevel effect appiled and had both ends erased by a 0% hardness eraser.

Cheers,
    Rudolf

Cant argue with that, you can say the same things about any designs out there. There are tuts, but tuts cant do anything for you if your brain cant come up with a creative and nice design. Its the way it goes with many designers. :P You cant teach design, to some level you can, but to make someone really good you have to have talent, which this dude has.

oh well... back to the topic.

nice site, if i get some extra layout work I know who to call:P hehe.
    good luck mate.

I have to say that I think you're making the site out to be "cooler" than it actually is. Personally, even if it is by a 16 year old, the "layout" as you call it isnt exactly complex or anything. Rather simple IMHO. Elememts that I've seen elsewhere at many websites.

Dont get me wrong here, im not saying its not a cool website, sure is, but im not sure if it's FK Cool Site's worthy cool. Know what I mean?

Fluous,
    Okay, i am sorry, but there are a lot of ways to achieve the same design. That was just what i would do to make it. After all no 2 minds think the same.

That was just to illustrate a point. As I said in my previous post i rili admire your mind, but the graphics (to me) is not that stunning. If I started a argument here I hope this will put an end to it.

Great work,

Rudolf

I am really sorry if that post annoyed you.

Coming Sooooon!!!
    I hate spam in the [ Cool Sites ] Section.

Hey, no worries! To each his own and you're exactly right, no two are alike! I've gotten $15 dollars donation now, only $49,985 left. Making way like the wind!

Maybe you can get some collabs from your flash designing friend, i am sure he has more sources of work. As our admin goes,"Purchasing something with hard earned cash has a much better feel to it."
    Good Luck!!

Coming Sooooon!!!

Mexico's Best
    Quote Originally Posted by rudolflai999
    Maybe you can get some collabs from your flash designing friend, i am sure he has more sources of work. As our admin goes,"Purchasing something with hard earned cash has a much better feel to it."
    Good Luck!!
    We were talking about doing some other sites since we seem to work very well together and are both 16 (well, almost), it's definitely a possibility.

I'm glad you guys like the site we did and am honored about being today's featured site.

Cheers,
    Julian Wilson
    neverrain.net
    Good Morning, and Incase I Don't See You Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Night.

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Hi neverrain. I am very happy that the site got site of the day!
    I myself think its a great site, and am happy that I did not need to remove this thread.

Now that you have taken the time to register, stick around and join in some other conversations. I am sure you will find lots of useful information and some very talented individuals here at Flashkit.

Again, welcome to Flashkit and enjoy...

3PRIMATES

It a nicely put together site, and I agree, I don't think he did the entire site himself, without some help, but the real fact is he only needs $49,000+ to get this ford, so we better get a move on and kick up some dead presidents b4 he retires and won't need a new ford truck, LOL
    If you don't think you're going to like the answer, then don't ask the question.

OMG neverrain you are just 16? Your graphics are amazing. Hope I will have your skills when I am 16. LOL

Coming Sooooon!!!

To all the kind comments, thanks! To 3Primates,

if you meant the graphics on Project Free Ford, then that was my work, the amazing Flash goes to Neverrain.

If you meant his site, then amazing indeed.

Thanks Flashkit for the Site of the day!

offtopic: planet your 21 years older than me to the day! haha, thanks again!

Don't underestimate the power of the youth! Come on, it was just less than 6 months ago that I was still 16!

Neverrain looks awesome. Keep up the great work you guys!

Cheers,
    Venio
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

Hey Fluous, check PM.....
    What's that? You haven't seen my site yet?? Here you go - Click Me!