A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: projectfreeford.com - 16 year old, guys! Unbelievable!

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    I'm glad to see that placing this link in our 500,000 member forum has only gleaned roughly $23.00 in the last month. I have always thought it was placed here for that reason and I for one am glad the winfall is a trickle. Only 2000+ months to go!

At that rate, by the time his goal is reached the truck will be about as high speed as a Model-T. The ten cent donation is too funny.

Chris, you are a moderate jerk.

Anyways, dunno what's all the fuzz about this site... As the kid said he made only a bits of it ( some images in photoshop, that everyone has to admit aren't hard to achieve )... Anyways, the *****ion of the boy is considerable but at the same time ( as many of the adult members said ) it's not the way he should earn money for a car... I'd like a Dodge Viper too ( and hopefully i'll buy one, once... but i'll buy it with my own money, money that i will earn working or from web design ) but i didn't start "begging" for it... Let's be serious for a bit, everyone should start to create sites with "i need a new house, i need a new phone, etc...", cause everyone needs something but that doesn't mean that everyone will actually get all of that...

I think this thread stood open long enough, so if the admins would be so kind and close it, i think it would be a great thing ( for the whole community )...

Regards,
    Biro

Quote Originally Posted by DaVulf
    I didn't mean just because he sent the e-mail... I meant because of the work he did with the site. Were I Ford, I would invest in his talents.
    PS: Sorry Vulf, but i dissagree with you... I see no talent in his work, you can't call someone tallented ( maybe he has some skill, we all do, but that's not tallent ) just because you see a great/good site and you think that he made it... He made only minor things for the site, as he admited he has almost no flash skills, he only knows Photoshop and the images on his site can be easily done by anyone who has some basic photoshop skill... If he would have made the whole site, i mean 100% of it with every little pixel on it, then YES, i would call him tallented, but this is only an illusion a fake...

Sorry if i was rude, but i just can't stand seeing this whole nonsense anymore...

Regards,
    Biro

I suppose. It sure wouldn't hurt for him to make something else though to prove to us that his skills really are what we think they are.

And, at saying that, I would also like to add that I'd like to see this thread locked.

Really, this is nothing more than just "new age begging". If someone else posted a website that was aesthetically pleasing but had no purpose but to ask for money, then it would instantly be locked, or even deleted, after being accused of being spam.

I'm sure this site falls into SOME category of spam too. No?

Quote Originally Posted by zakp0
    ..I'm sure this site falls into SOME category of spam too. No?...
    Not as long as it's been posted by a FK regular
    What's that? You haven't seen my site yet?? Here you go - Click Me!

I agree with Nizamm..this is BS. If this kid is this good why is he not making websites on the side and EARNING his truck instead of begging like a wellfare bleeding heart liberal. Plus everyone keeps posting about this makes me think even more BS.

Kid, your taste in cars is more than you can afford....you don't want to be "one of those guiys" who is broke but drives an Escalade....or do you ? What's next ? You gonna start a GAS Foundation so you can drive this overpriced truck ? Why not settle for something cheaper until you can afford it. Trust me, when you pay yourself, its much more rewarding !
    Dijhili

Quote Originally Posted by Dijhili
    What's next ? You gonna start a GAS Foundation so you can drive this overpriced truck ?
    LMFAO.

Quote Originally Posted by wbwd
    ... the images on his site can be easily done by anyone who has some basic photoshop skill...
    See! Told you so!

LOL.

Coming Sooooon!!!
    I hate spam in the [ Cool Sites ] Section.

Quote Originally Posted by nizamm
    Not as long as it's been posted by a FK regular
    No no no, damn, sorry, I didn't mean to take a jab at you or anything. I didn't even know it was posted by you. What I was saying was that the content of the site itself falls under some sort of spam. I didn't mean that you were spamming. Your intent in posting the site is obvious - it's a "cool" site.

Quote Originally Posted by zakp0
    No no no, damn, sorry, I didn't mean to take a jab at you or anything. I didn't even know it was posted by you. What I was saying was that the content of the site itself falls under some sort of spam. I didn't mean that you were spamming. Your intent in posting the site is obvious - it's a "cool" site.
    I get it man! Cmon, was just pullin your leg.....
    What's that? You haven't seen my site yet?? Here you go - Click Me!

Just dont want to severe ties with you, mang.

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Wow, well this thread wins the most viewed award. The second runner up with 1200+ views is back on page 4

Lots of press..lol

3P

Quote Originally Posted by 3PRIMATES
    Wow, well this thread wins the most viewed award. The second runner up with 1200+ views is back on page 4

Lots of press..lol

3P
    K, he gets no money but atleast he gets attention... Good for him...
    Please close this thread... It's simply stupid and non sense...

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Well to tell you the truth, I have thought about closing it.
    But then where would we rant? LOL

Its pretty good entertainment if you ask me.
    You always have the choice of not opening the thread, but at least you have a choice.
    If it gets to out of hand I will for sure either edit the offending posts or close the thead altogether.

3PRIMATES

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    SotD? wow FK must be goin downhill.

I donated 1 dollar!