A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Norwegian and I have nothing against Islam

Today one of the protestors dressed in suicide bomber gear apologised on live british tv...

Today the imitation suicide bomber, Omar Khayam, said apologised "wholeheartedly" for offending families of the July 7 bombing victims.

He told reporters outside his Bedford home he found the cartoons "deeply offensive". But by wearing a fake explosive belt, he did "exactly the same as the Danish newspaper, if not worse".

Accompanied by he's chairman of his local mosque and Bedford MP Patrick Hall, he said: "Just because we have the right of free speech and a free media, it does not mean we may say and do as we please and not take into account the effect it will have on others."
    linky

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Appears clear that Iran and Syria jumped on this opportunity and are using this as leverage to their mind priniting campaigns.

imams living in Europe apparently met with religious leaders and
    carried three extra caricatures of Muhammad that were far more inflammatory than the original 12.... [they] had added them to their dossier to demonstrate the kind of attitudes that Muslims were facing in Denmark.
    these poeple just thrive on this.
    Freebies:
    Sound Loops | Sound Effects | Images | Code Pigs | 6ood coff33

The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    What an *******. Has he ever heard of just asking for an apology?
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

I was browsing around www.islamonline.net and reading some of the forum posts and their coverage. I saw some interesting quotes from people.

Many Westerners saw what happened as freedom of expression; on the other side we, Muslims, acknowledge freedom of speech but, not that way of impoliteness and degrading others.
    The newspapers are using freedom of speech as a disguise to insult and hurt Muslims. Freedom of speech should have some basic limitations..... dont hurt or insult others. Is that too much to ask of such a "CIVILIZED" European world?

See, they don't understand the concept of free speech AT ALL.

Yes, it IS too much to ask, how people expect to have free speech without "impoliteness"? Say goodbye to Comedy Central, or comedy in general.

Are we supposed to create new laws where politicians decide what is or isn't impolite? That basically amounts to the government dictating what we say. Let me guess the first thing the government would outlaw...criticism of the government. Sounds like Fascism to me.

He was lucky he had someone media savvy enough to make up a reason for him. He was unlucky that he broke the terms of his licence and is now back in jail for a drug dealing sentence he was on parole for.

================

Danish websites hacked
    Last edited by swampy; 02-09-2006 at 03:49 AM.
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Quote Originally Posted by Visionray
    I was browsing around www.islamonline.net and reading some of the forum posts and their coverage. I saw some interesting quotes from people.

Yes, it IS too much to ask, how people expect to have free speech without "impoliteness"? Say goodbye to Comedy Central, or comedy in general.

Are we supposed to create new laws where politicians decide what is or isn't impolite? That basically amounts to the government dictating what we say. Let me guess the first thing the government would outlaw...criticism of the government. Sounds like Fascism to me.

They have a point. The "free" press is continually used for hidden agendas by governments and people with money and influence.
    Last edited by swampy; 02-09-2006 at 03:40 AM.
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Not in the context of " it's offensive but can still be printed" sense.

But they don't seem to have a problem publishing, preaching, printing, showing, advertising, propagating, indoctrinating, chanting etc, the most vile things for people who are of Jewish descent.

iTony

That polite young protester is now headded back to jail for dealing cocaine...

Its extremists and weirdos that cause problems...

Hey teddy bear.....it's just that there seems to be a hell of a lot of them these days......and I'm still waiting for member newhive to show me where in the Quran it says that you can't have an image of Muhammad.?....there are plenty of paintings of him on ancient muslim murals..........so please newhive where does it say so in the Quran?

I await in anticipation.

iTony

Quote Originally Posted by XU1
    I'm still waiting for member newhive to show me where in the Quran it says that you can't have an image of Muhammad.?....there are plenty of paintings of him on ancient muslim murals..........so please newhive where does it say so in the Quran?
    breaking our agreed upon silence rule...

I can somewhat answer this one.

The whole part of idolatry is what's going on about the picture(s) of the prophet. it's written quite a few times in the Qu'ran about how Muhammed (PBUH) - hereby "prophet" to avoid too many places I might dwell into making mistakes - forbade idolatry, as part of the principal sins - idolatry and apostasy, adultery, false witness against a brother Moslem, games of chance, the drinking of wine or other intoxicants, usury, and divination by arrows.

With that, the picture of the prophet were not forbidden; they are considered sacred. Just as pictures of Jesus were once things that could get you killed by the orthodox church - or at least banished, whipped, drawn and quartered - this is what we're dealing with now. Taking a sacred person from a religious text and painting them in a manner not befitting of their sacred position in those religious text(s). A mockery basically. The other end of the spectrum... worshipping that image, thus idolatry.

This is something I've gotten from my time while in Turkey. You didn't quite see houses with pictures of the prophets, but you saw them in the mosques... where you worshipped. And even then, it was understood that it was a reminder of who brought the word, do not worship them. Worship only God/Allah.

Now, with all of that said, I'm merely slightly answering your question. There's a few entries on how the prophet stated that his wish was not to become an icon of worship, thus idolatry.

Hope that makes sense.

Chapter 21, verses 52-54 of the Koran read: "[Abraham] said to his father and his people: 'What are these images to whose worship you cleave?' They said: 'We found our fathers worshipping them.' He said: 'Certainly you have been, you and your fathers, in manifest error.'"

breaking our agreed upon silence rule...
    Code of silence lifted and I extend an apology for going overboard earlier on in another thread...

I can somewhat answer this one.

The whole part of idolatry is what's going on about the picture(s) of the prophet. it's written quite a few times in the Qu'ran about how Muhammed (PBUH) - hereby "prophet" to avoid too many places I might dwell into making mistakes - forbade idolatry, as part of the principal sins - idolatry and apostasy, adultery, false witness against a brother Moslem, games of chance, the drinking of wine or other intoxicants, usury, and divination by arrows.

With that, the picture of the prophet were not forbidden; they are considered sacred. Just as pictures of Jesus were once things that could get you killed by the orthodox church - or at least banished, whipped, drawn and quartered - this is what we're dealing with now. Taking a sacred person from a religious text and painting them in a manner not befitting of their sacred position in those religious text(s). A mockery basically. The other end of the spectrum... worshipping that image, thus idolatry.

This is something I've gotten from my time while in Turkey. You didn't quite see houses with pictures of the prophets, but you saw them in the mosques... where you worshipped. And even then, it was understood that it was a reminder of who brought the word, do not worship them. Worship only God/Allah.

Now, with all of that said, I'm merely slightly answering your question. There's a few entries on how the prophet stated that his wish was not to become an icon of worship, thus idolatry.

Hope that makes sense.
    Thanks for that clarification, it seems pretty plausible, and I hand an incling that there was more to it than a verse in the hadiths or the Quran.

So in reality there isn't that much difference between "Christendoms" portail of Jesus and Mulsims Portrail of Muhammad?

Yet the Jews had no images whatso ever of any specific prophet, in the houses or in the synagougues.

I think that in many ways Islam has been corrupted the same way that Christianity has been corrupted, all in the name of power and interest to control people.

iTony

Quote Originally Posted by Markp.com
    Its extremists and weirdos that cause problems...
    I think this is a little unfair to wierdos. Society has benefited quite a bit from wierdos here and there.

I actually don't remember paintings of the prophet in the mosques, actually. I do remember photos of historical sites in Mecca, Medina, and Jerusalem.

So again, I might still be wrong - and not afraid to admit it.

I just wanted to at least share that it's in the Qu'ran as well as part of the religion due to parts of what I said above.

And apology accepted. I extend an apology back as well mate.

It's true that Abraham lived in the the land of "ur" and it was a very idolatrous place, and so were some of his relatives ( interstingly Abraham was not called Abraham until much later after he left the land, when he had proven his faith in God....his name was Abram...it just leads me to think of more plagiarism on the part of Muhammad...with the intent of converting the Jews of course )

I know that Muhammad was very concerned and tortured at the idolatry around him, hence the "conquests" to unite and eliminate idol worship.

But as I stated to gerb's post I think that Islam has been corrupted like mainstream Christianity has, you can't have a prohibition of images in muslim houses, but then have images of him in the mosques.

iTony

I actually don't remember paintings of the prophet in the mosques, actually. I do remember photos of historical sites in Mecca, Medina, and Jerusalem.

So again, I might still be wrong - and not afraid to admit it.

I just wanted to at least share that it's in the Qu'ran as well as part of the religion due to parts of what I said above.

And apology accepted. I extend an apology back as well mate.

No worries mate.. thanks

iTony

Quote Originally Posted by indivision
    I think this is a little unfair to wierdos. Society has benefited quite a bit from wierdos here and there.
    Hahahahaha... like?

Quote Originally Posted by Markp.com
    Hahahahaha... like?

enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by indivision

enough said.
    How was he weird? Crazy hair and sticking your tounge out isn't weird imo!

I don't understand how i should be saying this to you.

but consider.. you are deeply in love with some girl and would be willing to die for her. and someone makes a fake nude pic of that girl..and it goes all over the place and everyone knows her as 'that whore from the pic'.

it isn't a really good thing atleast for the muslims...

we love our prophet more than anything else.. he is not something we would like to see/ hear comdey off. you guys pull it off as comdey since he means nothing to you.

i hope i made my point clear. well... actually it wasn't the right example of saying your girl is a whore.. but i hope you get what i mean.