dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast

Thread: I'm Norwegian and I have nothing against Islam

I totally agree with everyone. I also thought I'd make the 500th post.
    WHOOOO HOOOOO!!! Wow this is one long thread.

so... we've progressed past cartoons to wife-swapping and total anarchy?

all without mentioning beer. I'm disappointed.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

No, no, I just mentioned beer a couple posts back.

Well, beer commercials. But monkey see, monkey do. You see someone drinking beer, you want one.

Beer would sell good at a switch war, it's sweaty work whacking each other with little sticks.

haha. a switch war.

Sure, you'd have to have referees and judges and scorekeepers and you'd have to have regulation equipment. Switches made from Hickory or Oak, not to weigh more than say 3 ounces and no more than 40 inches long and they have to be 3/8 inch or less in diameter. Whole cottage industries could pop up producing regulation switches, maybe even have companies like Louisville Slugger or Wilson put out a line. Maybe some Tennis racket handle tape on the ends so you don't get blisters, even whicker hand protectors like on a foil.

The whole idea of war should not be to kill off a good enemy, but to just give him some whelts, so he can come back and take another switching next weekend. If you klill him, he can't buy the beer.

What is Norway worried about....if you put a Viking in the ring with an Fundamentalist....clearly the Viking will pillage and plunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    Sure, you'd have to have referees and judges and scorekeepers and you'd have to have regulation equipment. Switches made from Hickory or Oak, not to weigh more than say 3 ounces and no more than 40 inches long and they have to be 3/8 inch or less in diameter. Whole cottage industries could pop up producing regulation switches, maybe even have companies like Louisville Slugger or Wilson put out a line. Maybe some Tennis racket handle tape on the ends so you don't get blisters, even whicker hand protectors like on a foil.

The whole idea of war should not be to kill off a good enemy, but to just give him some whelts, so he can come back and take another switching next weekend. If you klill him, he can't buy the beer.
    id buy stock in johnson & johnson!

Quote Originally Posted by calpomatt
    What is Norway worried about....if you put a Viking in the ring with an Fundamentalist....clearly the Viking will pillage and plunder.
    I don't think most people here are afraid... If anybody is coming for me, I'll get my axe and my polar bear

Just try and remember, neither of the books of either religion were written by the lead figures themselves, but by wannabe's who came after and more than likely had their own ax to grind, or profit to make from it. Therefore, neither one is worth the paper they are written on, not as true accountings of what these two actually said. It's not like they were taped or anything. More like some New York Times reporters byline, reporting on what was said. And we all know how good that is.

You are absolutely wrong here..

The Quran is a holy book which was revealed to Prophet Muhammed.

And not a single word of the Quran has ever changed.

And not a single word of the Quran has ever changed.
    Right. and how would you know that? You got the first draft to compare it with? A 1400 year old script? And mohammed was illiterate. He could not have written it. Even if he dictated it, it was supposed to have taken 23 years to write and he couldn't have known what it really said anyway.

Does it really matter anyway, what it says? It seems to be open to interpretation by any bozo old enough to grow a beard as to what it means.

http://www.jannah.org/articles/quranwrote.html

Right. and how would you know that? You got the first draft to compare it with? A 1400 year old script? And mohammed was illiterate. He could not have written it. Even if he dictated it, it was supposed to have taken 23 years to write and he couldn't have known what it really said anyway.

Does it really matter anyway, what it says? It seems to be open to interpretation by any bozo old enough to grow a beard as to what it means.

http://www.jannah.org/articles/quranwrote.html
    Prophet Muhammed did not write it.. The Quran was sent by Allah to the prophet. and 1400 years is not a long time to keep a track on changes..

It is an incontrovertible historical truth that the text of the Holy Qur'an extant today is, syllable for syllable, exactly the same as the Holy Prophet (PBUH) had offered to the world as the Word of God. After the demise of the Holy Prophet, the first Caliph Hadhrat Abu Bakr (PBUH) assembled all the Huffaz and the written records of the Holy Qur'an and with their help had the whole text written in Book form. In the time of Hadhrat 'Uthman (PBUH) copies of this original version were made and officially dispatched to the Capitals of the Islamic World. Two Of these copies exist in the world today, one in Istanbul and the other in Tashkent. Whosoever is so inclined may compare any printed text of the Holy Qur'an with those two copies, he shall find no variation. And how can one expect any discrepancy, when there have existed several million Huffaz in every generation since the time of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) and in our own time? Should anyone alter a syllable of the original text of the Qur'an, these Huffaz would at once expose the mistake. In the last century, an Institute of Munich University in Germany collected FORTY-TWO THOUSAND copies of the Holy Qur'an including manuscripts and printed texts produced in each period in the various parts of the Islamic World. Research work was carried out on these texts for half a century, at the end of which the researchers concluded that apart from copying mistakes, there was no discrepancy in the text of these forty-two thousand copies, even though they belonged to the period between the 1st Century Hijra to 14th Century Hijra and had been procured from all parts of the world. This Institute, alas! perished in the bombing attacks on Germany during World War II, but the findings of its research project survived. Another point that must be kept in view is that the word in which the Qur'an was revealed is a living language in our own time. It is still current as the mother tongue of about a hundred million people from Iraq to Morocco. In the non-Arab world too, hundreds of thousands of people study and teach this language.

The grammar of the Arabic language, its lexicon, its phonetic system and its phraseology, have remained intact for fourteen hundred years.

A modern Arabic-speaking person can comprehend the Holy Qur'an with as much proficiency as did the Arabs of fourteen centuries ago. This, then, is an important attribute of Muhammad (PBUH), which is shared by no other Prophet or Leader of Religion. The Book which God revealed to Him for the guidance of mankind is today's in its original language without the slightest alteration in its vocabulary.

This is taken from part of a speech "Message of Prophet's (saw) Seerah", given by Syed Abul 'Aala Muadoodi. He compares the history and authenticity of three scriptures, Torah, Injeel and Quran.
    Last edited by emm_eye; 02-11-2006 at 02:35 PM.

No offense intended, but I remain sceptical.

It's just me. I'm sceptical of all religious dogma.

And I simply do not feel that what was good for the stone age is good for the space age. People, any living thing for that matter, need to change and grow or they stagnate. Stagnation brings conflict and eventual death of a species.

No offense intended, but I remain sceptical.
    dude, if a cartoon can incite a riot, then think if a word from a sentence in the actual book had been changed. chaos would have a new mentor.

there's enough sections within the religion that would cause all kinds of repurcussions with edits.

however, that's not the same with the Bible. Too many old texts put together from different languages to make up a story that Henry the 8th amended so he could get a divorce and get his freak on. You know other **** was added, subtracted.

Maybe we need a study on it to see if it was changed. Like the holocaust study called for by the idiot in Iran.

I simply refuse to believe that anything lasted for 1400 years unchanged. And it was not written by muhammed anyway, since he couldn't read or write. Maybe his scribe couldn't spell either. Who knows? The point is, anything from that long ago has no bearing on todays world, other than something to argue over. If your forcing people to go by something that old, your society is not going to last in today's world. As we can see already.

I don't know, most holy books generally preach pretty eternal things, like don't murder or rape or steal. You know, the good stuff.

That isn't exactly obsolete.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Virgo, I don't think a book as thick as the quoran only talks about those little things. Look at Iran, they run their country based off that book, apparently it dictates all matters of life.

I personally think this whole matter is blown way out of proportion, muslims all over are pissed at these morons who burn flags. So the Danish made a cartoon, they took it off the press, no harm no foul. Don't go hating the entire populace of that country for it.

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that those people seem to always need someone to hate? Maybe that is how they avoid stagnation, they just hate someone else. It's possible that this propaganda helps reduce the questioning of the way in which they live.

Quote Originally Posted by emm
    Prophet Muhammed did not write it.. The Quran was sent by Allah to the prophet. and 1400 years is not a long time to keep a track on changes..
    Well, forgive me for not falling in line, but how the hell does a book get sent by some Allah fellow? I have to agree with Geezer on this one. I guarantee that this book has been modified to keep the people who are in power, in power, and to keep the people who are oppressed, oppressed. (and then have them believe everything is perfect on top of it all)

No, and those things are not only taught in biblical books. Stone age societies were fairly peaceful, took care of their people and got along fine, long before any pulpit punchers ever came along. While many of todays laws, and western human rights ideas came from the christian bible, the western world is and always has been just a small portion of the whole. many eastern religions are not even religions as we know them, and they were far more socially advanced than the west or middle east ever hoped to be, and still are.

Any morality play that dwells so much on what you can and can not do to an enemy is lacking something very basic when it comes to just living. Besides, isn't a religions concerns focused on the soul, and not on the physical world? Then why do they also want to control everyday life and minds? You have to ask why?
    Last edited by Ask The Geezer; 02-11-2006 at 06:32 PM.

one soul - one man - one world - human
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

the bible and Qu'ran are basically extended sets of common laws, Laws of Hammurabi for instance pretty much laid down the same 10 principles as the 10 commandments.

I personally disagree with all major religions when it comes down to origin. I don't believe that the Bible was God's word... it's as collection of stories about God. And I say this as a Christian.

The fact that the Qu'ran hasn't changed in 1400 years, I actually can see and agree with that. A lot of other things have lasted that long without change - scrolls and the like from the Apocrypha are older than Jesus supposed birthdate. And parts were just recently discovered - Dead Sea Scrolls for instance.

Unchanged... mainly because they were either unfound, disregarded, or the opposite, regarded too highly.

With that said... it's all how you wish to regard it. The Bible, I know it was changed... anything with "version" attached to it sounds like it was under the editing knife a bit too much to be considered original.

The Qu'ran was heeded as "the word" from the moment it came forth. Changes to it would have popped up, even for the greedy people - say again, like an Henry the 8th wannabe in muslim times - it would have been suicide to alter it. That's why the mullah's shouldn't be taken too seriously... they "interpret" the Qu'ran in some rather devious ways to get people to do what they want.

But then again... so did Jim Baker, Swaggart, and that Benny Hinn dude. All of what comes out of their mouth... wrong as hell, corrupt as hell.

The point is, anything from that long ago has no bearing on todays world, other than something to argue over. If your forcing people to go by something that old, your society is not going to last in today's world. As we can see already.
    However old it might be.. The Quran was not for only the stone age people it was for all the generations that were going to come after it..

And also.. the fact that what science is discovering today was written in the quran 1400 years ago makes it even more authentic for even more generations to come.

Quran and Mordern Science