A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: I'm Norwegian and I have nothing against Islam

It's pretty obvious that the problems caused by this violent religions inability to control itself is cause by arms. This has raised a question in my mind. Does any arab nation have the factory base to build it's own weapons? How about cars, vehicles of any kind, light bulbs, TV sets, any modern amenities whatever? It's amazing, I've never heard of any of these industrial bases being in arab countries at all. Just wondered.

Quote Originally Posted by XU1
    The problem is that you cannot separate islam from the body politic....since Islam has two aspects, religious and political.
    Islam doesn't have only two aspects.. Islam is the complete way of life.. hence there is no separation between religion and the so called 'body poltics'. and that is for the good and the situations wouldn't worsen by this in my (if you like to say biased) opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkar
    By the rules of religions... If I believe you are wrong or you upset me I can beat you to death by the most painful way i can think of. This is my right as a faithful believer.
    By the rules of religion.. if you believe there is someone wrong.. you don't have to go about punishing him..In Islam, the islamic sharia through the courts decides on his punishment.

Islam is a very strict religion and any muslim who is wrong is punished by law.. and not by individuals.

By saying this.. i repeat.. The islamic law or punishments set hereforth are for the followers of islam and not for non-muslims..

If a muslim would have made these cartoons; as per the sharia he would have been executed for the crime..

In this case.. i believe, all the muslim leaders need is a guarantee that such acts wouldn't be carried out again on the name of freedom of speech.. and then be followed by an apology to cover it up cleanly.

i believe, all the muslim leaders need is a guarantee that such acts wouldn't be carried out again on the name of freedom of speech
    They are not going to get that guarantee. No one can give it. That's what freedom of speech means.

I'll ask again, what are so many muslims doing reading an obscure Danish newspaper? I mean, if your out looking for things to get really pissed off about, muslims should be traveling around, checking out truck stop **** house walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    They are not going to get that guarantee. No one can give it. That's what freedom of speech means.

I'll ask again, what are so many muslims doing reading an obscure Danish newspaper? I mean, if your out looking for things to get really pissed off about, muslims should be traveling around, checking out truck stop **** house walls.
    Too true. I mean, it isn't even their country. So what if someone draws some Jesus art that isn't totally flattering. Ever watch Family Guy? I couldn't imagine if they drew the Islam figurehead on Family Guy.. lol

I think we've reached the end of the road with this one chaps... anyone of the three people still continuing this thread wish to discuss it further, feel free to email/pms each other.